Monday, July 18

Morning Snafus

 It felt really good to wake up at a decent hour and get into the office to start working. It has been a number of weeks since I was able to say/feel that sentence, and it does make me feel pretty good. As I started logging into the Company's system, I tuned in on the local news radio for the Valley, to hear about the monsoon storm that came through I guess last night. Obvious, and as aexpected, there was not much to say about it in my neighborhood - limited rain, if any. But the winds were pretty massive - as the radio reported gusts up to 60 mph were recorded at multiple airfields across the Valley. One of the key state highways heading north from the east part of town, is mostly closed (several miles of road) due to major power lines being down. Heard even of some trailers (semi-type, not home) being blown over up to a distance of 60 feet.

Yeah, sounds worse when you group all the bad stuff together. There was no flooding. No extensive valley-wide damages - just small incidents.

So I'm plugging away at work, and about an hour and half into the work day, our Project Mgr alerts everyone that they need to stop wherever we are, and log off. Proceed to watch for further information from the Company via email. Great. It was added that the project was not over, but everyone just needed to halt at this time.

As I started on this project last Wednesday, this was also the announcement I saw, directed to the previous group that had been on this project. None of them came back to it. And it was dated Tuesday. Now I am wondering if I will get back to it or not...

Oh well, I got some other things I can do while waiting to hear back from them....

PeacE

No comments: