Sunday, August 21

Weekly Update

 Welcome to 2:50am and another post that just leaves you wondering why you even bother coming here to read my drivel. Well, except for RM. I know she comes here to find out what is going on in my life, since I'm the bad sona nd don't call  or visit as much as I should. Speaking of, I may try to get out there this week. I picked up something I thought RM might like, but then she may not like as well. Will have to wait and see. Now I know you will be waiting in anticipation for a visit from me, RM.

Not much going on this weekend here around the house. Last week we had had a good windstorm preceding some rain, and it blew off one of the attic vent turbines on the roof. Middle son came over yesterday and climbed up there to see if he could fix it. Nope. So at some point here soon I will need to go to Lowe's or Home Depot to find an updated version of the vent. I say updated, as a video I saw shoed this newer type, that can easily replace the type I have up there now, without actually pulling shingles and the whole assembly out to replace. He said as of now, it sits on the vent, but won't spin. At least it will keep birds/cats/rain out of the venting to the attic for now.

Last week was a pretty good week for me getting some ARCs fo books I have been wanting to read. I got through a couple last week, and have a couple to get to this week. I love getting the books ahead before they reach the market. I may not be good about writing a review for it, but it is what it is. You know I don't try to "puff up" anything, even if I like it. The next three months show about at least 3-4 books each month I am looking for to be out. So I might be able to swing in a few others I have had sitting in my library for awhile. I think it was a couple weeks ago, I went through my ebook library and deleted many I had have there for some time. I read many plot descriptions, and at times wondered why I even held on to that book/series. So there was a "bit" of them that got deleted out.

Work will continue on Monday. I might have mentioned that they estimate this project going until Wednesday. Which means I expect it to dry up on Tuesday, after maybe a half day of work. Not sure how fast they will be able to move me into another project. That may give me the time to swing out to RM's. I read she has something for me as well, though, she may want to hold onto it until Christmas. Saves a bit more on shopping. Hmmm, maybe I should do the same. I dunno. Sometimes I just don't like to wait.

Welp, I guess I will close this off and ramble off to do something else. 

PeacE

No comments: