Monday, August 15

Idle No Longer ...

 Received an email Saturday from the Company (admin works on Saturdays?) and asking if I wanted in a project starting today. Of course I said I wanted in. This one is slated for 1-1 1/2 weeks so will see how long it actually goes. When I got the follow-up email from the team manager, I discovered that I will be working with some people I have done previos projects with, and enjoy their company. Most of them are in other states, so I have not personally met them, or even seen a picture, but from our brief conversations seem nice. So back to work here in just over a couple hours.

I am up early today. With a mandatory start time (for the meeting to acquaint us to the project) being at 8am my time. I went to bed a little after 9pm, and was awake several times in the early morning hours. I managed to cat-nap until about 5am then decided I might as well get out of bed. A morning craving for a soda and some 'rollers' (today's selection was Johnsonville firecracker sausages) I ran up to the Qwik Trip. I took up my 52-oz refillable and got some Mountain Dew. I probably shouldn't have it due to the sugar, but oh well. Life is no fun unless you live it to teh fullest every now and then. As I got back home, I hear the shower running... at 5:30am? The Wife was still in bed, so it must be the Youngest up early getting it in before school. Middle Son is supposed to be by this morning at some point before he heads to Tucson for a couple days.

The Wife was taking out a small bag of trash, and while over at teh side of the house where we store the trash cans, she found one of the attic vent turbines. Evidently during the pre-storm winds, it had been blown off the assembly. From the front of the house, I saw another one up against the heat pump, looking like it had been blown off as well. I think I will ask Middle Son to hop up there and slide them both back on for now. The one Wife found was pretty dented and maybe out of alignment, but it will have to do (at least cover the vent) until I can get a newer one. Saw something online that looked like a better deal, and won't blow off in high winds.

Before getting any of my sugary concaction this morning, I did my regular BP and Glucose checks. Both were a little high (typical for me the past month or so). Doctor's office called me on Friday, and re-scheduled my appointment to a few days after it was originally scheduled, but it is still just over a month away. I am sure, even with it being a new doctor, that they will bump up the doages on my meds a little to get me into the range they want. Probably another 5 mg on the BP, and another 250 mg on the Metformin. That size dosage last time the insurance would not cover, but maybe showing that after a 3-month intake, that it really does need to be higher, perhaps they will cover it now. Find out then....

RM& PT celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary yesterday. Today they are leaving town to head 'up north' to a place they rented for a few days. PT likes to do it every year as it gives him a change of location. RM seems just happy to be off work, and had commented that they will probably do the same things they do at home, but at least she won't have to worry about work. The Wife and I celebrated 31 years earlier this year. Time sure is going by....

Guess I should close this off so I can get some of regular computer stuff done before having to start work.

PeacE

No comments: