Sunday, September 25

A Little Bit of Quiet

 It's nice and quiet at 3:30 in the morning. Well, at least this morning it is. I have been sitting here at teh computer for the past three hours since I awoke and could not go back to sleep. I have caught up on my boook reviews I needed to complete. I've done a few searches for some possible ARCs to read/review. I've caught up on my emails (for now). Social media has been reviewed - atleast as much as I wanted to scroll through. The only options I kind ofhave left are play Warcraft, or watch some TV show/movie. Not sure which I will; chose once I post this....

Saturday was a good day. The practice Youngest had for band was cancelled, so we didn't have to rush anywhere and be somewhere at a certain time. The Wife and I ended going out shopping/running errands. I got quite a bit of walking in today - especially for me, and my legs were quite sore come evening. The walking is probably why I was in bed by 9pm as well, leading to the early hour wake-up.

Monday is my next doctor appointment, and I am a little (nervous? leery? apprehensive?) about going. Granted I just started going to the doctor again just around 6 months ago, and you know it may take a few trips to get medication dosages just right ... but I was just getting used to the new doc I was seeing. I liked him. Now he is gone and they assigned me to a new doctor - a female, but I told them it was no matter to me. I am sure the will be yet another dosage adjustment, and I am sure she will want new lab work done (test the cholesterol levels - see if that med is working). I am hoping she can switch me from Lis to Los on my BP meds, as the Lis has been giving me rashes. Then I hope she will just let me go for at least a year. With it being a new doc, I am sure I will get the regular speech about my drinking habits, my weight, my smoking, and who knows what else she will find to chastise me. Sigh. It is what it is. Shaming me doesn't encourage any change.

Later today we will be headed to Tucson for a concert. It is a group called Lo Bros, and this will be their final concert as a group together. We saw one of the shows last year, and it was nice. We bought four tickets and invited the SIL and Daughter to go. Part is early for her birthday this week. Then we will drive back home as I have the appointment, the Wife has work, and Youngest has school. Hoping to get a nap sometime this morning prior to driving this afternoon.

The back is not quite back to 100%, and it was bothering a bit more than usual after all the walking, which does not surprise me. I should be able to get through the shifts of sitting for 2-3 hours throughout the day with little discomfort.

I guess that leaves me without much else to say.

PeacE

No comments: