Thursday, September 22

I 'Quit' Work ...

 Tuesday morning was a tough one. I woke and realized that there was a problem. It hurt to sit up. It hurt to walk to the bathrrom. My lower back was definitely using my nerves to express displeasure for something... I can only figure I "slept int he wrong position" or similar, as to why it hurt so much. But I needed to get to work, so I took a couple ibuprofen (with the regular plethora of prescription pills) and sat down to the computer. For about five minutes. I didn't (couldn't) sit there long enough to log into the work system. I opted for email to the Project leaders, and explained I needed that day off due to medical issues, and that I should return the next day. I spent the rest of Tuesday, trying to relax on the bed, doing exercises from my PT after teh work comp injury years ago, and attempting to sit for longer perioods of time in the chair.

Wednesday I woke feeling better, but still not able to sit long enough to complete an 8-hour work day, even if I took several 30-minute breaks. Getting the discs in my back aligned correctly will take a few days. So again I emailed the Project Leaders, and removed myself from the current project. I also let them know I would contact HR when I was going to be available agin for other projects. Do I feel bad? Not really. I started this project being told it was only a week ling, and here we are a month and half later... add to that, this final stage was ending Friday or Monday, with Monday I needed off anyways.

Now it is Thursday, and yes, the back feels better. I'm still doing the exercises several times a day. No ibuprofen, and able to sit for more than hour now...so everything is slowly getting to where it needs to be. By Sunday, I hope it back to normal considering we are driving to Tucson, attending a concert, and driving back (about 8 hours probably in total of sitting).

The Daughter, our oldest child, will be celebrating her birthday next week. Hard to believe she is turning 31, especially considering the Youngest Son is only 16 and lives at home still. In some ways that makes me feel old, but I know that is only a mind-set. It's the body's aches and pains that make me feel old....lol!

PeacE

No comments: