Sunday, September 11

A Saturday Well Spent

 It was nice to get out of town yesterday. To leave the confines of the house (aka workspace) and travel to a different region (slightly) of Arizona that adds a change of weather (very slightly) was somewhat ... refreshing. Of course, it is always good to see family as well. We left around 8-8:30 in the morning, and made good time to be there around 10:30. Of course, Doodad was being a stinker, and openly said she wanted to have nothing to do with me, but yet loved on her uncles and Mamaw. I'm not hurt. I think she loves me best and just is not comfortable showing it in front of everyone. I spent a part of the day watching a couple movies, then continued on to reading more of the current book. Interrupted for pizza for lunch, and few times of trying to get some attention from Doodad, to no avail. Uncle Youngests kept her attention though wearied of 'playing' constantly. Middle Son and SIL disappeared into their office to play some video game they are trying out. Cookies were made, which Youngest brought some home. I resisted the urge and did not have any - have to watch the sugar ya know. Finally as rounds of hugs were going round, I got some love from Doodad, and my day was complete. The ride home was uneventful, though there were some road closures due to the later hour. Nothing I did not expect, and knew enough of the East Valley freeways I could easily skirt it all.

Today finds me up early. I was awakened around 5:30 this morning with my elbow rubbing against sandpaper. Or rather more direct, a cat was licking my elbow. Said cap got a prompt scooting off the bed, and I discovered I was probably not going to make a return to sleep. I was hhpoing to make it to 8:30, but, you know, the best laid plans .... So I am up, did my sugar and BP counts (both about normal for me at the dosages I am at). A little later this morning I will be going up to the car wash to get all the bug smears off the windshield and a good wash, then headed to the pub. Today starts NFL on Sundays, and myself with a couple friends decided we would meet for the early game then go our ways each Sunday. Two of us have teams that have the early game throughout most of the season, so that will be nice.

Back to work on Monday, though not sure how much longer this project will be. I'm guessing Wednesday ... maybe Thursday at this point. Afterwards, they will probably move us to another project, or report us back to recruiting to be open for the next one. Honestly, I feel like I could use a few days off, but won't ask for them if on a project. Then again maybe I will. I have plenty of time off pay accrued...

We will be returning to Tucson later this month. The Wife bought tickets for a band called The LoBros, which we had seen about a year ago. The 25th is their last concert before disbanding and moving on to other things. Pretty talented brass players that put on a good show. Wife had got some tickets and I think the SIL, Daughter and us are going. IT's a Sunday (ugh) and I am sure I will be driving back fairly late in the day. That's sort of when I hope I don't have a project for Monday...

Welp, it's barely after 6am, so I should go get my regular stuff done. Enjoy your day!

PeacE

No comments: