Thursday, September 1

*YAWN*

  I'm a bit tired this morning. I finally made it to bed, probably shortly after midnight lastnight, and found myself awake at just before 5am this morning. Figured I might as well get up and start working. Bonus would be I will be off early this afternoon and have the possibility of a nap, if needed.

Work has been going well. Since they "moved me up" I have been enjoying the solitude of the workday, as in not being interrupted "a million times a day" with notifications/questions from the general MS TEams chat where most of the 'First Level' people are - many of whom I know are just starting to learn how to do this type of work. But ... still. At this level (and higher pay as well) it is much wuieter, as we have more experience and are actually going through most of the first level work to Quality Control it. A bit daunting at times, but much more enjoyable then the alternative - not having a project. No idea how much longer I will be on this one. Last week we knew it would be through this week - hoping for loonger but not sure, or how much.

Saturday it is time for the annual Ralph's Bday Get-Together I have started doing at one of the local pubs I frequently attend. Starts at noon, and goes til whenever you have to leave, the bar closes, or worst case, I leave and you don't want to stick around. Nothing special, just come out and chat and celebrate my bday. Of course, buy your own, and one for me if ya want. No presents are cards needed, just your presence. Last year was a good turn-out as about 15 or so friends stopped by over the course of a 6 hour period. Hoping for much of the same this year.

Speaking of the RBGT event, my brother contacted me, I don't know ... a week, maybe two ago, about the event. Said he wanted to make me a cheesecake for my birthday, and he was asking if I wanted cherry or some other flavor. First I told him don't even think about bringing a dessert to the bar, and secondly, I didn't want anything from him. Also, I KNOW I told him that I was diabetic, so he should be able to figure out that I really don't need some sugar-laden dessert. LAst night he was texting me he was making me a blueberry cheesecake tonight, and wanted to know when he could bring it to me. I told him again, "I told you I won't want it". ALl he says back is, well you know how well I listen. Yeah, that we do... cuz he don't. I hope he doesn't try to waste the time and materials to makeone, because I really don't need it. Worse case, I'll tell him to take it RM's - let her and PT have it, or share with their neighbors. Ha ha Mom!

Welp, I guess I should get to the work thing...

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I heard about it - Devyn wants to make it. Just accept it and say thank you - and share with anyone there at the pub - or take home and let Del take it to work and share with her coworkers. It's the thought and he wants to do something for you. Give him that. :-) Still need to get your book to you... maybe over the weekend... but not Saturday. :-) Love you more.