Friday, February 26

New Form of Vehicular Slaughter

I swear, when things get bad, it just feels like they can't get worse, and then they do. Of course, this is just because one is usually feeling overwhelmed with one thing, the others just seem to add to it. But when things are going good, the little things going bad, don't seem to affect one as much.

Yeah, I know what I was saying, and what I meant. But I prolly just confused the hell out of most of ya.

So, here it started off as a decent week. I had to take our minivan in to the garage. Seems over the course of last weekend, the digital odometer had quit and was showing only dashes. Followed by Sunday morning the speedometer quit working. Then the fan/blower control in front, that can control the back as well, quit. So Monday morning plans were for me to take it in and see how bad the damage was to fix. Then Monday morning the heater quit working in it. Yeah. About half the day was spent in the garage getting that fixed for about $310. The cruise control hadn't been working for a year, and the ABS light was on. The cruise got fixed, but the ABS light we placed on low priority as it had been on for quite a while. Seems the electrical wiring cluster for the dash stuff, heater, climate control fans and cruise were all in one place and repaired.

Life is good. Wasn't some four digit repair bill and not have the vehicle for days. Then Wednesday, the wife tells me now the service engine light came on. The ABS light was on/off intermittently. I went to take it in Thursday, but they were so busy they wouldn't be able to get to it til today, so I returned this morning. Shared 2 1/2 hours of book time there to find out that the ABS light is going crazy and to fix it the brake module system has to be replaced. that in itself is over $700. And the engine light is because the intake manifold is sucking vacuum. That's another $200-300 for them parts.... counting labor, programming the damn computer, and supplies it all comes up to near $1900. Those two parts alone are "FORD ONLY" and why so expensive. I lucked out though, and 1 of each is available from the dealer to get this fixed. Repair time is going to be MINIMUM of 1 whole day...so I got scheduled to bring it back Monday. Technically, it shouldn't be driven, as taking a chance the vacuum will start to break the gasket holding coolant, and cause water to get in the engine area... and the damage would be worse. We have no choice though.

Yeah, as you would guess, Wednesday night, as I got home from the pub, my tire went flat on my car. There is a rip in the sidewall that let it all out. So, it is in the drive right now. I am home from the garage. (big ass sigh)

Not supposed to drive the van, but let's see. I need to pick the wife up from work today, get the kids, come home. Tomorrow - Daughter has to be at school for theater midday (drop off and pick up), the wife wants to go to a baby shower, we planned on attending the daughter's play tomorrow night. Then Sunday the wife and kids have church. Then Monday I gotta run her to work before going to the garage.

Wonder if we can do that running and not damage the van more before getting it fixed. I can just feel all the worry and stress about it eating away inside my belly. Making me nauseous.

My youngest boy turns 4 today. After picking the wife up from work today, gonna have to swing by the store and pick up some presents for him. Try to do that without adding extra driving.

I am ready for some good stuff to happen.

PeacE

No comments: