Friday, February 5

Warm-Up to the Weekend

Welcome to Friday!

I had some idea of something to post today, but it has entirely slipped my mind now. The Wife had gotten on the computer this morning prior to myself, and had played her little Fishville application in Facebook. She had left it at the log in screen for Facebook, as I was about to get on as well, and do my thing.

I couldn't get the damn thing to work! It wouldn't log me in. So I jumped over to AOL, and I could log in, but couldn't navigate from that page. Back to Facebook. I finally was able to log in, but couldn't navigate from that page.

Okay. It must have something to do with Firefox, which I had just put in the new update a few days back, or so. I closed it, went to IE. Same shit. Reboot computer.

Firefox - same. IE - Same. I am starting to get pissed now. I opened up World of Warcraft. I got online, messed around a little. My latency was low, as usual. Jumped to desktop - same issues as before. Exit all - reboot.

With the computer shut down, I am sitting here with my held in my hands wondering...WTF could be wrong? I did nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing new has been downloaded, so no major memory hogger, or virus (that I could think of). I am at a complete loss for what is going on.

Thinking it is the best thing I can do, I grab my handy-dandy-always-in-reach-by-the-computer notepad, and a writing utensil. I am going to write out the whole procedure of how I turn on the system, and normal activity I do, and record everything I see happening - be it the regular stuff or not. Maybe some computer savvy friend will know what is wrong.

The damn computer must have felt threatened. Everything is working fine now. Third try is the charm? I dunno. But for about 50 minutes I was getting to be one pissed off fat boy on a Friday morning!!

And because of that folks, I forgot what I was going to post today.

PeacE

No comments: