Monday, March 8

Back To Work ... Finally!

 I got the email yesterday mid-afternoon. Finally, the Company has a project for me to get back to work. It actually doesn't start until Tuesday, but it is supposed to last three weeks. So today is another day off.

Today is also my Dad's birthday. Though Dad passed away in 1985, this day has always given me emotional issues. Some years are worse than others. I guess much of it depends on where I feel, emotionally, and other factors going on in Life. This year, the day hasn't started out bad. I think being in a good mind-set, and comfortable family-wise and financially, the stress of regular Life isn't bad, and that probably is a figure of the equation.

I don't have a Dad memory to share today. I think sometimes in the past I have shared one, but the ones that I have had this morning, so far, I think will just keep to myself. Most have been smaller bits and pieces, and not much of a story. Like scenes from motorcycle trips we used to take. Or Gun Shoots we would do on the weekends. Saturday afternoons spent watching B&W war movies, or westerns, on TV.  My heart aches that he never had a chance to meet my Wife, or his grandchildren/great-grandchild. Though, truthfully they might not be here if it weren't for his passing, as I would probably never moved across the country had he lived. Thoughts I have no need to dwell on....

I'll spend part of today going around on the internet, checking what kid of things there are to do in Tucson. I should probably get our hotel booked for the couple nights later this month. What will truly happen is some Warcraft this morning, then go to the bar this afternoon.

PeacE

No comments: