Wednesday, March 3

Me? Late For Dinner? Never!

 ... and that didn't happen last night, either. I'm sure many of us have heard the 'Call me anything, except late to dinner' quip/line before, usually from someone that may be a 'little' heavy in the weight. Or, from some people like me, that are quite a bit beyond 'little' in that area. I know I have used that phrase a lot. Or the "See-Food Diet" that I am on. Or how great my attention is, as I don't miss anything, especially meals. I'm a Social Drinker - I see you drinking, so shall I! Oh, I am sure there are many others that come to mind for you, but those were just the easy ones off the top of my head.

No, this isn't a post about my weight, or the weight of anyone else. Not about the 'weight of the world' on one's shoulders. I just got to rambling on about the subject.

The start was supposed to be about what a nice time we had at the Youngest Son's birthday dinner last night. We were able to make arrangements so that at least his two older brothers could be there. Youngest had requested Chili's and it was nice that there was one closer to their apartment. Good thing, too, as the Oldest had a work schedule change and was working nights for a few days. It may not have lasted as long as some of our dinner out, but it was a good time. I miss having the family all together at times.

It's just after 4am here this morning. Again I am up early. Slept decently, and only blame waking up on my bladder. It wasn't an "urgent" call, and so I laid there for twenty minutes before I figured I wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep if I got up for the bathroom. So here I am. 

Still waiting to hear from the Company for the next project.

The Wife and I are having our 30th Wedding Anniversary later this month. Last year we had a serious discussion about going to Hawaii for a week, if not on the date, somewhere near it. I had even begun looking into the travel plans (hotels, car, planes) but things just never got off the ground enough. Travel restrictions kept coming in that made things more difficult. Issues with the state of AZ and the DMV regarding "special" licenses for plane travel versus regular living. Not knowing how the world was going to end. All that made planning said trip exceedingly less of an issue. A year later, who would have known that the Wife would be out of work, and we would be down to one vehicle? That schools would not be attended, and only at-home learning was in session. The Wife and I still have not gotten the "special" driver's license type in AZ you need to be able to fly. The only obvious difference between it and the current one? You have to spend more money to get the special one, and not much else as far as I can tell. It is like they want to re-certify your license, as they require birth cert and all that all over again. Wasn't the proof I have one good enough to show I provided all that before? Either way, not sure what I can come up with in less than three weeks for our anniversary. I'll have to put some thought into it.

Still looking virtually at cars right now. The Wife wants to find something that something that is easy to get in/out of, without having to squat to get in, or climb steps to get in. The minivan is about the right height she is looking for, and she asked on social media for suggestions. Many of those we looked up pics on, and I knocked a few out of the equation. We have a handful we need to get out and physically look and test drive. I want to do it this weekend, but don't know what is on schedule or not. Will see how that goes. I know the car RM has is one on our list, so maybe I can make arrangement to go there this weekend and visit (though really to take her out for a bit and see how the Wife like it or not). I know RM would love the idea, as long as she doesn't have other plans. I'm sire I will hear later today one way or the other.... right?

Well, I am really starting to ramble on, so I guess I will shut this down for today.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Sure, would love for you to stop by and visit, but it might be wiser for me to stop by your house while I'm out this weekend - and let you both look over and drive the car..... I still have not let hubby drive my car..... if I hand over the keys to you.... well, you know how that would go. Let me know if that would work for you two... would let you know in advance, of course.