Tuesday, March 30

Anniversary Antics (Definitely SFW)

 As I mentioned previously, this past weekend was the gift to each other for our 30 years together. Many of those years ago, we decided that doing gifts was just not practical, or within our budget at the time(s). Other holidays got included into this special category as well. The last few years, things have gone better for us, and we have tried to do something 'special' for our anniversary, even if it is only like going out of town for an overnight (or two). I remember our 25th, as we had gone out and bought silver rings. They weren't matching, but were of a style we each preferred. Both have broken now (pay for what ya get) but we keep them, as our "silver anniversary" tokens.

Tonight we were going to go out for dinner once I finished up work for the day. About 6'ish we hopped into my Rav and motored down the road to Don Rubens. As we pulled up to the place though, there had to been at least 15 people outside waiting, and there was no way I was going to wait an hour plus to get in. WTH? On a Tuesday night? So, we shifted plans and ended up at Olive Garden (no wait). Normally we save places like this for special occasions (bdays, etc) but this counted. I do love their salad dressing! I was a bit non-plussed about my meal though. I did the Trio of Italy (Alfredo Fett.,Lasagna, and Chicken Parmesana) and it just tasted off. Like the whole plate had been sitting ready under a heat lamp for an hour or more. Pasta was a bit tough on the outer edges of the portions, and just wasn't what I usually get for this place. Either way, it was still a good meal and the Wife enjoyed it.

Back home, once my bathroom requirements we completed, the Wife brought out a shipping box, and holds it out to me. I look at her, and raise the eyebrows. "It's something I bought for us." So I tell her to open it (even though she already knows what it is) and this is what was revealed:

The words in grey behind out names, are the words to our wedding song. The music notes themselves are just decoration, and I sort of wish it did something like actually play the first line of music from the song, but oh well. Once the plastic comes off, we will find a place to hang it in our bedroom. Out in the front room we have another order she had done recently, of our names and wedding date in one of them infinity symbols.

All in all, a fine day was had. Now to the years ahead!

PeacE


1 comment:

hoosierboy said...

congrats on 30 years