Tuesday, August 17

The Expensive 'Date'

 Yesterday I wrote about some side pain I was having. It worsened in the early hours of the morning, and by 6am, I was ready to go to urgent care. I was having issues breathing, where I couldn't draw a full breath without feeling pain spike in my side. Had to wait until 8am for them to open, but the Wife and I went. Turns out they could do nothing for me, as they did not have the imaging equipment needed to take a look at my side. So then it was off to the ER, where I spent pretty much the rest of the day.

I know my blood pressure is high. I haven't been on meds for it in years because the doc I had was a dick, and I just didn't get around to getting another doc. So I got that lecture from the staff, but they hooked me up with something to get that down for the time being. Followed by some morphine to get the pain under control. Throughout the course of the day, I had a CT scan of the abdomen, a chest x-ray, 2 blood lab work-ups, a urine sample, and a CT of the chest, all to find out that they could not find anything wrong with me that would be causing the pain. They suggested I contact a GI. I went home with the pain under control, and hoped that I can keep it that way.

The Wife said it was nice to 'spend the day together'.... but damn it was expensive.

Bday dinner plans were screwed up because of the ER trip, so ended up just with the Wife and Youngest at Denny's last night. The ER staff had not let me have any water or food the whole time there (so as to not mess up any readings) and I drank a large pitcher of iced tea over dinner. Then it was home, and straight to bed for me. I was knackered. I think it was about 8pm.

Woke up at 4am, not sure if it was some pain in my side (which is still there) or the booming thunder from the storm raging overhead. Sounds like the rain is coming down pretty good, too. Monsoon season in AZ - sometimes it is good. We are up on our rainfall amounts (above average) which is always good for the desert. Though, this storm is probably not as good for the area. It is coming down hard and fast, so will wash off into gullies, etc, and cause flash flooding, instead of a good ground soak.

Since I am up early, I will probably start work early. Pain in my side is still there - about what it was last night. I rolled onto that side a couple times during the night, which woke me enough to roll off it. Hopefully it will not worsen like it had yesterday morning. Calling a new PCP today, even though I don't have insurance, to get started on some meds for the high blood pressure, once I can get in and get an appointment. Joy.

Edit: Wouldn't you know it .... I go to log into to work, only to find out that the project ended yesterday. A project that I was told would be 1-2 weeks, and I only worked 1 day on. Sigh. Looks like daily emails to the Company requesting to be placed on another project.

PeacE

No comments: