Sunday, August 29

Where Are All The Good Drugs?

 The past two weeks have been pure 'pain in my ass', as you would know if you read the past few posts I've put up. After the wasted (and expensive) trip to the ER, it seems like painful issue after painful issue has been happening to my body, with no relief seeming to be in sight. I have been trying to stay off my feet, to hopefully let this knee issue resolve itself. Because with the knee hurting, it has thrown off my gait, which has now messed with my back, complicating the previous work comp injury, so my spinal disc has started to slip, rubbing the nerve. I thought Friday I had rested up off the knee enough, but evidently was on it too much last night. Today was bad enough I was taking acetaminophen every four hours, with seemingly no results. Wish I had something stronger, or even some muscle relaxers like the Doc gave me when I had the injury. They helped at night to get to sleep.

Well, life has been pretty dull other than dealing with these pain issues. Heard from the Company mid-week, after I had emailed inquiring if there were any projects I could be assigned to. Supposedly, there were "several projects coming up at the end of the week" and I was "at the top of the list to get assigned" but of course, here it is early Sunday morning, and I have not heard a word since. Hoping to get that email early Monday morning (since the 'Assigners' are on East Coast time) that they have something. If not, another email will go out when I rise from bed.

Well, RM would be proud. With all the issues I been having, I have decreased my alcohol intake by quite a margin. Not drinking as much, or as often, which is nice on the pocketbook of course. I went near a week after the ER with no drinking at all, then eased back into it. I think I am still trying to be sure the original issue wasn't related to the drinking, and I truly don't believe it was.

The big 5-0 birthday is coming up soon... just over a week away. Looks like I may get all my kids together on Labor Day to have supper out to celebrate. Still waiting to hear from Oldest Son to confirm, but he had sent me his work schedule and he was off in the evening. Hope that don't change. Haven't thought much about any gift I would want from anyone. I'll have a night out at some of the pubs I hang at, and get some free drinks from those folks. I know RM had said she had something for me, and she knows how I am not big about gifts, so I am curious about it would be. I'm guessing the Wife will get me some snacks I like. If I can get all my kids together for dinner, I think that would be the best gift I want. Was able to do it last year, so hoping it will work out this year as well.

The Daughter is turning 30 late in the month as well. I have been looking for a good 'gag gift' to tease her, but haven't found the right thing yet. Need to soon or it won't have shipping time to get here. Hard to believe my oldest is nearing 30 already... the Youngest is 15. Sigh. Time marches on ....

Alright, enough ramblin' on this morning.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

AH... you are getting it. I love the line "If I can get all my kids together for dinner, I think that would be the best gift I want."