Tuesday, August 31

The Dog Days of August Are Ending

 Today marks the end of August, but not of the monsoon season here in AZ. That typically runs until the end of September. And this week partially proves why. It is cooling down, but we do expect some rain (residuals from the tropical storm Nora) supposedly today into tomorrow. Which makes for humid weather and upper 80's for the temps. Back up to the low 100's by the weekend. Ugh!

I am officially back to work today. I had emailed Sunday evening to the company (again) asking what is the status of projects coming in, and basically said that they are wasting my talents making sit on the sidelines waiting for projects. Amazingly, I received notification that a project "suddenly" became available for me. This one is to last 2-3 weeks (finally a longer one) and according to what they emailed me, I was requested by the Team Manager specifically. Hmmmm.... are they ass-kissing me after my snippy email? I don't know, but still am happy to get back to work. The 'start-up' meeting is in a couple hours.

Pain. Yeah, I still have it. Today feels better than previously. Seems each day it wants to recede a little bit more. At this rate, it will be another week or more before I am back to what I would consider normal for myself. Better than nothing I suppose.

I feel like I want a Mtn Dew this morning, but don't feel like getting dressed enough to drive up to the store. Wonder if I can talk the Wife into doing it for me....

PeacE

No comments: