Monday, August 23

Is Something Wrong, or Am I Just Broken?

 So, the ER trip a week ago. Each day since, the "stabs" of pain in my side, especially when taking breaths, has gradually subsided to almost non-existent. This morning as I draw a deep breath, as much as I can, I still feel some twinges, but not painful. It's almost like it never happened. But new things crop up to take the place of that pain.

My knees have ever been a problem for me. With the stress I have put them through playing ball, and the numerous bicycle accidents as a kid, it's amazing it isn't just scar tissue that holds them together. Being overweight doesn't help them either. I get around using a cane most days, mostly to keep myself stabilized, as my left knee likes to "fold" without notice sometimes. But in the past three days, my right knee has been showing some pain. Feels like I have "banged" the inside of the knee against something and bruised it. Yet I haven't hit my knee. There is no discoloration, but when walking now, it makes me wonder which side should I use the cane for. With just a little bit of walking around the house this morning, it feels better than yesterday, and again today I will be off my feet as much as possible.

Also noticed yesterday was my right side again. I favor to lay on my right side to sleep, and most of this last week I have not been able to, due to the pain I was having. Yesterday morning, as I woke and sort of laid in bed, I felt like something was being 'pulled apart' just behind where the previous pain had been. It decreased as I rolled to my back, and disappeared when rolled on over to my left side. IT wasn't painful, just very uncomfortable. Add to that that I felt fuzzy headed most of the day, and took frequent naps. This morning I woke way early due to all that sleeping, and still having the new side issue. 

So that's where I am today. Nothing heard about a new project for work. Side pain. Knee pain. I think I may be spending much of the day in bed again, resting and napping.

PeacE

No comments: