Tuesday, August 24

The Fun of Self-Diagnosis

 Well, there really isn't any fun in it at all. Trying to guess why your toe hurts and how it is connected to the hair-loss you have on the back of your head, is somehow comical, but mostly it is weird ... and scary. But that is what I talked about with the Wife tonight. I brought up how my 'good' knee has been pretty painful the past few days, though being off of it has helped a little. I also mentioned the lower back pain that has been starting up, an actual flaring up of my work comp injury. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my knee. Having the knee hurt as mush, I've adjusted my step/gait, and I am confident that that is what is causing my back to flare from making muscle adjustments it is not used to, and it is shifting my spine a bit. Which is also close to where I am feeling some "pulling" when laying on my right side ... all could be muscle related. So what am I going to do about it? Rest. Stay off my feet for the next few days as much as possible. Do a few of the PT exercises for my back that were beneficial when I was injured. I figure that is about all I can do at this point.

I hate feeling like I have the past week plus. I'm used to "little" aches and pains, that go away after a few days. Not these things that make you want to cut the hurt out with a knife and stab it to death. I'm sure it is just age and the body falling apart on me, since I have not been the best caretaker of this flesh. I know, I know ... I sound like a whiny baby, and I am sure I am being one. Just so tired of this.

Speaking of tired, my sleep schedule is all messed up again. Trying to rest as much as possible has led to extra naps, so sleeping all night has been off the table for at least the last three nights. Today I was in bed before ten, now just after one I am up again. Hopefully in a couple hours I will be able to lay down and get a few more short hours in.

Right now my life is pretty boring, so don't be surprised if I don't write much.

PeacE

No comments: