Wednesday, August 18

Shocking the World (and myself)

 I haven't had a beer, or any alcohol, since last Friday. WHAT?!? Yeah. When that pain started Friday, though it felt minor, I thought it might be somewhat caused from dehydration. I get cramps in the legs when I don't drink enough regular fluids, so thought I should spend some time hydrating. Come Sunday, when the pain started to worsen (though not terrible as of yet) I was still drinking plenty of water. Then of course, early Monday happened, leading to spending the day at the ER.

I know those of you that know me are shocked I have been able to go that many days without some sort of alcohol, and I don't care. I went to the bar today. I was up there a few hours, hanging out with a friend, did some reading of books. Drank WAY too many pitchers of Pepsi. YEs. Pepsi. No beer, no shots, no fancy umbrella drinks with alcohol. Straight-up Pepsi and ice. When I mentioned mid-afternoon to the Wife that I was "Heading out for a bit" (code phrase for 'I am going to the bar') she wasn't happy, and replied something under her breath about whatever, it's my liver. Obviously, with this issue going on, she was not thrilled about me  going out drinking. When I came home this evening, it was later (like I had been drinking) and I pretty much went to bed. She had not said one thing to me. When she came to bed, I told her that I hadn't drank anything but Pepsi, and she was a bit shocked (like I know you were). At least she dropped her pissy attitude at me.

As the day wore on, I don't know if was me, or the body, getting used to the pain, but it seemed to decrease in intensity. Still cannot inhale deep without a spike of pain, and prodding that area I am notified there is still tenderness (or something). I will wait until later in the morning (hopefully after a few hours of sleep) to see if there less pain. If it decreases, I don't think I am going to call any GI. I didn't call today, but will Tuesday to set up this new doctor to see for HBP meds. I kinda want to wait to see if this pain fades over the next couple days, but if that happens, I know I won't call. Need to force myself to do it.

Other than that, nothing planned for the day. I mentioned previously that the work project ended, and I am currently on hold until the next project comes along. I'll give them a couple days before I start emailing them about how "available" I am to be placed on something. Hopefully that will work better than waiting 2-3 weeks until they get around to me. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and all.

Last Thursday, I heard from a friend that his wife and MIL had Covid. The MIL was in the hospital - her condition wasn't terrible, but enough to warrant it. His wife was at home, and I think only got tested because she had been around her mother. So my Friend had to get tested (I'm sure work required it) and Friday found out he was positive, though no outward symptoms. Tomorrow he is getting tested again, and hoping it comes up negative. Then yesterday I heard another friend and his wife (about 15 years older than me) were both in the hospital for low oxygen levels and difficulty breathing. I reached out to him and found out it was Covid, and as of now they were going to be in for at least 2-3 weeks. I know news reports about the Valley stating that around 2,000 cases being reported daily, and deaths in the lower double digits. I don't understand all that crap, and how they jade the numbers to fit whatever media mumbo-jumbo and party they follow. I still believe that this hype is so politically controlled, whether for or against. If you got it, you got it. Like a cold, or the flu, or pneumonia. It gets worse or it don't. Mask mandates - Bah! Vaccination requirements - Bah! I'm sure for some of you, this will make you want to thump your chest in agreement, or start up the riot act against me. I don't care. This is my opinion, my blog. I respect your opinions/beliefs no matter how different (and stupid) they are compared to mine.

Okay, enough ranting. I should go back and delete some of that, but I won't. Writing is writing. And I am rambling because I want to get tired to go to bed. I think drinking all that soda tonight has given my body way too much sugar, and that is what is keeping me awake. Definitely more than I usually have all at one period of time. So, I guess I should leave off there, and maybe go find something else to do for a bit.

PeacE

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hope you get feeling better d00d