Thursday, August 12

I Got Excited!

 Earlier this week, I got frustrated, so I sent an email to the Company, asking again when a project was coming up that I could be assigned to. Yes, I am missing work that much! I had received a reply back, that they were hoping to have some some soon, and that he (the recruiter) didn't have the details yet, but may have a project starting Thursday. I replied back if got info on that, I wanted in. Yesterday, I got the 'standard' email stating a project was starting today, and to reply with one's availability. Within minutes, I replied I was available. Now it is just a matter of waiting for the project details (start time, team leads, etc) which I usually get around 4:30am of the day of start.... nothing yet this morning (it's now 6am). Guess I'll log into the work virtual desktop and see if anything is there....

So, hopefully back to work as of this morning, but wondering about that now. Guess I will meander around the internet until I find out.

Edit: I finally did get an email around 7:30 so am working again!

Edit #2: Two hours in, and I get locked completely out of the system. Emailed the Manager, but haven't gotten any response. Wondering how the rest of the day is going to go....

Edit #3: After an hour, I decided to email everyone involved on this project and included the Operations Dept (they handle the techy stuff). Within 10 minutes I had a reply that the conflict was I was listed as being terminated. The Company has a weird policy of how they determine terminated, based partially on time in a non-active status between projects. Since the time frame to get me onto a new project exceeded this automated time, as I was working, I got terminated in the system. So now I have to wait for them to put me back in as a "re-hire, then the project leader has to resubmit the work order that I am on that project, so who knows how long that will take.... Joy joy joy. Maybe by tomorrow?

Edit #4: I'm not very happy. I was able to log back in at 2pm. Thirty minutes later, again I am being locked out of the system. I sent more emails, explaining it all again. I get notified they are forwarding the email to IT. Then I get a reply from IT saying something about a license wasn't applied to my account (???) and it has now been fixed. Need to wait 30 minutes for it to sync, and then should be able to open the email program. Huh? That wasn't the only thing I was locked out of... and I can't even get to that without accessing the desktop/system... I'm so done today. But I need to wait and see if it fixes all the probs or not.... sigh. If it doesn't, I think I have a post for tomorrow....

PeacE

No comments: