Monday, September 20

Disliking My 'Fellow Man'

 It's Monday night, and for football fans, all that means is that there is a game on and the weekend is extended for three hours usually when one is off work for the day. Of course that all depends on what shift you work, and travel time, etc. Details, details. I got a text about 4 this afternoon that three of my good buddies were meeting up at one of the pubs, one friend who had a vested interest in tonight's game - he is a Detroit fan. It did not end up well for him, but that's for another conversation. Anyways, I went up, had some fun with friends, and called it an early night, thinking I would just hit the McD's on my home for some grub.

It's just after 10'ish, so the McD's was not swamped, and as I pulled in from the street, I have to turn, and go in front of another local business, to get to McD's. I see what appears to be a homeless person, laying on the sidewalk in front of this place of business. I stop, put down the window, and ask... "Are you okay?'. He was laying on his back, legs out in the driving area of the parking lot. There was another man there, looking just as desolate, and he says to me, "HE's fine". And so I roll on through to McD's drive-thru.

It bothered me. Another person answered for him, and I never saw him lift a hand or head to register any of that short convo. As I went through the ordering process, I ordered a couple extra sandwiches. Yes, they were the cheaper ones, which is what I was ordering anyways. And I got my Sweet Tea. I didn't think to order another drink - bad on me.

As I completed the drive-thru process, and received my food/drink, I looked over to the front of that business. This guy is STILL laying out the same way, and the other person that answered before is long gone. I don't know why, but I got pissed. I rolled up again in front of him, yelled out asking if he was okay. Did I need to call for help (an ambulance) or the police. He slowly raised himself up, and only asked, "Do you have something to drink?". I only had my one, sweet, iced tea.... which I had not had a drink of yet. My mind rebelled against me, as I said "Yes, and here you go.". HE got up and took the drink. I asked if he was hungry, knowing I bought a couple extra items, and I handed them out as well. I asked again if all was ok, or did I still need to call an ambulance or ER services. He said no, and I drove away, to head home.

That all sounds like I did a "good deed" in helping someone that appears homeless, hungry, etc. Unfortunately, in my town, like many across the nation, this is appearing more and more, and most of them, at least in my area, avid drug users. In all honesty, if this guy had looked like one (believe me when I say I know what they look like - past history) I would not have done this much.

But what really infuriates me, is the first time I stopped by, prior to getting in the drive-thru, I am not "Blocking" traffic behind me in the parking lot. Yet another little POS looking car has the audacity to not only pull up behind me, lay on his horn, then make a big show about backing up and pulling around me... to get to the drive-thru - not caring about what was happening, and that driver could obviously see the same I was seeing. So this dickwad makes it into the queue before I do, and I flipped him the finger the whole time I could, knowing that he couldn't see it behind my headlights, since I was the car behind him. He gets his order, and starts to pull ahead ... then stops. Literally three feet from the pickup - I assume he is 'checking his order'. So I lay on my horn. HE promptly gives me a finger, which I see through the back window, the he proceeds to open his door.

I'm thinking, this MF'er wants confrontation? I'm ready. I'm already angry at his lack of social conscience, let him. I shout out my window to him, "Get back in your Piece of shit and fucking move. You ain't worth any of my time." He looks back again, climbs in his car, and drives away, again passing the guy laying halfway out in the parking lot.

I gave up my drink, and half the dinner I picked up, to help someone. Did he play me? Was he really that dehydrated and hungry? Was it a plea for some sucker to get him stuff? I don't know. I felt I did what a human should.

I know many homeless, and the 'pretends'  that do the cup hold-outs, etc, at intersections, and what not, are not always what they seem to be. Caught many at the closest gas station counting the money they collected, then whipping out their new iPhones and calling for a ride and talking about how much the y made that day. I hate that. Makes me so angry. Which is why in a case like this that someone just fucking ignoring a human, laying half off the sidewalk and into the parking lot, they just drive past them.....

I hate people. I am not a good people person. I never will be, especially if this is the way human ity os becoming.

Angry. Angry. Angry.

PeacE

No comments: