Monday, September 13

In Need of Sleep

 I found myself up at the ungodly hour of 5am to get started on work for the day. I have lost the ease I used to have at rising at that hour. When I left the last company, just before Covid hit and we "had to quarantine" ourselves to our homes in March of 2020, Getting up and out the door by 5am was not a big deal. I have gotten too comfortable with sleeping in a bit since then. Sigh. But I sure like getting done with my workday by 1pm, and being able to do whatever I want - even if it turns out I need to be in bed by 9-10pm.

Either way, with all the rest I had gotten this weekend, I found myself having a hard time getting to sleep last night. The Wife had issues as well (and she is making up for it by lounging/napping in bed still this morning (it's almost 8:30am). I finally got up about 1am, and messed around until about 3, then laid done. I did get a couple naps in before the alarm went off. But I am yawning while working, with 4 1/2 hours to go yet. Sigh.

Thinking of asking the Wife to run to a new place near us - a salad drive-thru place. Supposedly she had them before, and said they are quite large in size and are good. Some good food - well, healthier than burgers anyways. No leftovers for me since we went out to eat last night. Sigh. No idea what we will do.

Middle Son came over early this morning (but not before I started work) and we visited while I worked a bit. I like when he comes by just to "say hi".

PeacE

No comments: