Wednesday, September 22

Let's Take It Easy - Ouch!

 As I drifted off to sleep last night, I had the thought that today would go pretty smooth. Then I did something, in my sleep I am thinking. Around 4am, I am not sure if it was my bladder that woke, or my back, as I went to roll over. That sharp little stab of pain in the lumbar region, that tells me I have moved in some fashion, in some unregular way, somehow, and started a disc slipping, or something. It repeatedly reminded me it was there, as I did shuffle off to get the bladder to shut up at least.

I returned to bed, and did a couple leg sifting exercises I was taught at the PT's for my work comp injury. It felt like it helped a little. Then I stretched out on my back and just tried to relax. It wasn't long before I was able to fall back to sleep, though most of the morning I would wake when shifting/rolling....so didn't get much of a "good sleep".

So sitting here, trying not to shift or twist in my desk chair, for the next several hours trying to work is going to be fun. I already started the acetaminophen, and at the expense of my liver, would love to just add some Jack Daniels throughout the day to 'numb the day'. But duty calls. I am sure if I get to where I need to log off and lay down, or whatever, the 'bosses' would understand. I just hate having to do that.

Guess I should get back to actually working, and off this break.

PeacE

No comments: