Sunday, September 12

Issues

 The past eleven days have been stressful for me. Things that needed to change in my life were brought before me, and needed to be addressed. Several of those things have been taken care of, others are in process, and a very few I am still deciding on how I will handle to get the result that is best for me. Yes, it sounds selfish, and in truth, it is. But I don't care. If it is what I feel is needed to be changed, then so be it.

I turned 50 on Labor Day. That weekend was a nice one. Saturday I had gotten together with a few close friends and had a few drinks at the pub. I didn't stay late, though, I admit to having a couple more beers than I should have.... but it was a birthday celebration! Sunday I spent at home, recuperating mostly. A good portion of Monday was spent just being idle around the house. Monday evening I was able to get all four kids, with their families/SO's all to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and had a wonderful evening meal. Yeah, Birthday Boy had to pay for it all, but it was the gift I really wanted, was the time for all of us to be together.

Started a work project (yea!) just before that weekend. It is still currently going on, and I will return to it again tomorrow morning. This one has been a bit different than most I have been involved on before, but at least it helps advance my skills a bit more. I am hoping to be kept on it past the First Level, so I get he pay grade increases as we move each step closer to the finish. I won't know probably until later this week.

Since mid August I have been having health issues. From that ER visit, where the docs could find nothing wrong about my abdominal pain, I have had pain in other places. Most have receded over a few days, but will flare up every now and then. Due to this I have been a 'good boy' and cut back on my alcohol intake, and am working on drinking more water - at the pub, and at home. Weight has been a problem for me a long time, and I have now been cutting back on portions, as well as types of food I eat. Some of that pain has been in my gall bladder area off and on, so have been trying to have a healthier diet to help prevent issues that may arise there. Plus side is it helps me lose weight. Yesterday, I actually took in my belt a notch, so something is working.

Not much to add for now. I am not going to bore you with other changes I have made I felt were necessary.

Just got home from a nice dinner out with The Wife and Youngest at Chili's. I tried their Caribbean Salad, which had citrus, pineapple, and cranberries on lettuce with a honey-lime balsamic dressing, and it was actually very good and filling. Lately I have been getting signed up on the apps/rewards programs for the restaurants we go to, and tonight got a free drink, and a free desert (for my bday) off the tab. Even the Wife agrees, if it is only an appetizer somewhere, it's something for free.

PeacE 

No comments: