Sunday, September 26

Day Tripping

 Today, rather now, yesterday, was our trip down to Tucson. We arrived just before noon, and had fun talking, visiting and playing with the Daughter and family. Doodad was a bit less energetic (from what the Wife told me of her day trip a couple weeks earlier) but she was still so full of energy. I remember a younger me having more energy than I do now, and still can't imagine having as much energy that Doodad has. I am sure I was just as bad when I was her age.

The Daughter is turning Thursday this week, so we also took down some birthday presents we had gotten for her. And since we had the chance, we took the family and a favorite Niece out to dinner to celebrate her day. Nice place called Guadalajara Mexican, and it seemed to specialize in southern Mexican cuisine. Many dishes I had never heard of, so I got to try a new one.... and it was different! I had a Molcajete Ultimo, which is 4 jumbo shrimp, steak, and chicken breast all packed into a molcajete with bell peppers, onions and queso fresco simmering in a molcajete sauce. In short, it was that all literally boiling in a bowl-shaped lava-looking rock - and I mean boiling! Add a side plate with beans and rice, some flour tortillas - and whew! It was good. Another thing that was cool, is when they do the chips/salsa before your meal, the 'salsa lady' comes around to your table with a cart, and asks if you want salsa, or guacamole, and then prepares it right in front of you. On recommendation from the SIL, we tried a medium salsa, and it was awesome!

Most times we go down, the Daughter and Wife spend much of the time together talking crafts and whatever. This time around the Daughter put me on the spot more, wanting to know more about what is going with me. So was uncomfortable a bit. I usually don't have the kids asking me about my health, or work, or about other things that are bothering me right now. Today she did, and it actually felt good to fill her in, and to let her know that she is not responsible for anything I do/say for my benefit, and she could make her own decisions regarding things.

So was a very good day trip, and we made it home around 11pm. Doodad was sad we had to go home, and said we could sleep there. When asked where we would sleep, Papaw had to sleep on the couch and Mamaw would sleep in her bed with her. I always get the shit end of that deal, I guess. But it was funny. Am looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with them this year, and hope the Boys will be able to within their work schedules.

The Wife was sound asleep within 20 minutes of us getting home, but I find I cannot drop off to slumberland. I am just physically and mentally tired, but things just won't shut down for me tonight. So I am back to trying to bore myself (writing here) and see what happens. May have to watch some dumb videos or something.

PeacE

No comments: