Monday, September 27

Monday Morning Musings

 Of course, the phone makes the noise of notification at 5am this morning. It is a distinctive one I set up so I know when I have an email, versus just a text, or other kind of notification. I was hoping for one early today, but when I opened one eye to check it, the email was not the one I was hoping to receive. It was "junk" mail. The one I was hoping for was from the Company, saying they had a new project I had been assigned to, and here are the details when we are starting.

I laid there a moment, thinking I should roll over and nap until the alarm goes off, but the bladder was pretty insistent I get up. So I did, and once that problem was taken care of, went ahead and decided to stay up for the day since I was on my feet. I deleted the junk email, and wrote one up and sent it off to the Company, reminding them I am now available for my next project. Hope to hear something later today.

I am in the process of downloading a game this morning. There is this 'platform' (?) called Steam, that you can purchase games through, and the Daughter had recommended a couple that looked interesting. I picked the $4.99 one and is working on being transferred to my computer as we speak. It is large enough in size it should take about an hour - I have slow d/l speeds. Daughter mentioned she plays it with a Playstation controller, on her PC. I knew one could do that, but have you seen those controllers? There are buttons all over, and two joysticks to have to use... I just never had the dexterity? hand control? patience? to learn to coordinate all of them just to play a game. But I have a feeling later on this morning I will be asking her recommendations for the type of controller to get, and if not too expensive, order one. After all, I am sure there will be other games I may use it for, or worst case, I give it to one of the Sons and they will find use for it.

After completing the last book I read, I reached my goal of reading 150 books this year. I had lowered the goal from 175 (last year) since I was hoping to be working more hours this year (didn't happen). I thought about raising the goal, but decided not to. I still will try to get as many books in as I can, but I reached a goal setting from almost 10 months ago, and though I may make new ones, I'll leave that marker set. Next year is next year. In fact, I need to go over and write up a review for yet another I have finished.

I didn't include it in the last post, but the new car has finally lit up it's first warning light. Low tire pressure. It happened when we were leaving the restaurant on Saturday in Tucson, and stayed on the trip back to the Daughter's house. I checked the tires (looked at) to see if any looked low, and concluded that though a couple looked possibly low, it was hard to tell in the dark with a flashlight, and the way I was parked. We visited about another hour or so, and I checked again before we got on the road to home with no difference. About a third of the way home, the light went off, and I thought it may have happened since it was about 70 degrees there (they were getting a little rain) and that was the coolest I had driven the car in (I bought it in April, when temps were in the 90's already). Now yesterday was a rainy day here in town, and I don't recall what the temps were, and I did not get in the car to check if the light came back on or not. I will check it today. If so, will hit Discount Tire and have them do an air check (since I ain't working today anyways).

Well, enough gabbing this morning. I need to get stuff done - or at least pretend that is what I am doing.

PeacE

No comments: