Friday, February 25

Is It Really Over?

 In theory, today is the last day of this project. Over the last few days they have enlisted the aid of additional people, to help make the deadline I assume. Looking at the workload (that I can see)I guess it'll be about a bit more than half a day of work. Hope it is true of another project we will be able to switch to after this one.

Vacations. I was reading this morning that the dear RM and PT have made arrangements to travel a bit north this August for a vacation. I know they usually do this around their anniversary (which is fine). I got to thinking, well maybe I could use a vacation, too. Now, one might think I already get one, with some of the time off between projects (last time was a month and a half) but that truly isn't a vacation. I'm still at home dealing with regular things. Vacations are to relax, and put the 'everyday worries' aside for a short time.

Only, I don't like flying (having to wear a mask, the whole rig-a-ma-roll of the getting onboard process. I could always ask the Wife, but she would say go to Tucson - because Doodad is there. But you know what? Sometimes I would rather just get away from everyone. Several years ago we went to Sedona for our 25th, and it was nice to get away from everyone for 2-3 days. I don't think I would do Sedona again, but still. I dunno. Got time to think it out since the Wife don't even know I'm thinking about it.

Middle Son texted me this morning with a pic of a flat tire. Seems the one that went flat last weekend, was able to be plugged, but ended up flat today. I sent back that at least he had the experience of setting an appt and know how long it will take at the tire store. He said he is going to go ahead and get 2 tires, as he has another that is getting very thin on tread. Though it may be mundane stuff, it's still good to hear from the Son. Which the Oldest Son would do the same. I don't think I have heard from him since Christmas.

Tomorrow is the Youngest's birthday, when he will be turning 16 years of age. I have already gotten his gifts ( a three book set he had asked for) so am ready. He hasn't picked out where he would like to eat out at (our little tradition - started by RM &PT). We might move it to another night though, so his older brothers may have a chance at joining us as well.

Welp, I should get to working since I may be off work after today....


PeacE

No comments: