Friday, May 27

How to Look at It ....

 This last week has been ... something. I am not sure how I would describe it, as I look back and try to figure out what was good, bad, or whatever. In someways it had a some learning experiences, and others it was just boring.

I spent most of Monday morning trying to get my new video game to work. There was one error right at start-up, that was frustrating me. I spent time reading about this particular error through Google searches, on numerous websites. Some sites had the same info to do, some didn't. I tried all the easy stuff first (run program as administrator, re-verify the files are not corrupted, etc). then not knowing any better, started in on particular updates for other files. Then I gave up for the day.

Tuesday morning found me back at. Only into it for about an hour, and I came across yet another website that really explained what was wrong.I had not come across this website at all in my previous searches, and thankfully it should up when it did. Seems when I loaded the game up, off of the actual CDs, it needed to download teh more current updates. The sad part, is the datat fromt he discs was about 55Gb, and teh actual download it needs to do is around 108Gb. At my speed of internet, that's about 20 hours. Maybe two evenings of downloading all night (after we retire to bed). Ok, so I see the problem, and now have the CORRECT info to fix it. Moving on.

I go to start my Warcraft game. It won't load. Uh oh. Then my graphics driver won't load. Reboot. Check BIOS. Reboot. Nada. Downloaded a program that puts in the most current drivers on your system completely. That took two hours, and still did not work. I'm frustrated and angry now. I ended up doing a system recovery, but my most recent was about 5 days before. Another hour for that to finish. Then everything booted up properly - except the new video game, as I had not installed it previous to the recovery data date. So at some point, when I have two hours, I will reload it, and then do the two nights of download. I just have not been as anxious to play it now, due to the issues I have dealt with, without the proper info. If that info could have been found easier, would have saved time and effort....

By Wednesday, I am frustrated that the Company has not replied to the email I sent a week prior, about being available for a project as of the past Monday. I do not know if it is vacation time for the recruiting department, or the upcoming holiday weekend, but I doubt I will hear anything today either. Monday will find me sending another email, even though I am sure the offices are closed.

I did get my prescription taken care of. After spending over half an hour waiting on hold to speak to someone at the Dr office, I logged into the 'MyChart' site they use to share info with me about meds/treatments/appts, etc. I was able to send a note to my care team, where I described what the pharmacy told me Saturday morning. By that afternoon I had a reply from the actual doctor, that he was adjusting the dosage, and that should clear up the issue. So, it is still Metformin, but at a higher dosage, and it is now the extended release version. I picked it up Tuesday, started Wednesday, and have been feeling weird the past two days. It's like a low-grade nausea that is just "there" all day" long. It's early yet, so not sure if it is side effect, or just the change in dosage that may be affecting me. But I can see the changes in my glucose count. So overall, my numbers are getting to where my doc saidf he wanted to get them. Let's give it a few weeks and make sure they stay in that range.

The Youngest finished up the school year on Wednesday. He is officially a Junior now, as long as his final grades are passing ones. At last notice, they were. I had asked him that day, what time did he want me to wake him each day, as there is no way I was letting him sleep all day all summer. We decided on 10am for now, which is okay with me. Yesterday, I actually let him sleep (and he did) unitl about 3pm, when he woke up on his own. Mainly becuase it was his first day off school, and I honestly laid in bed a bit that morning as I was feeling all weird from the meds. This mornig I woke him early (he was already up?) and we got the trash out to the street for pick-up. Plans this morning include a trip out to the discount grocery we like, to see if they have anymore energy drinks, etc that we like. Maybe a side trip to the 99cent store for some sodas low-priced as well. Though, I have been being good about watching the amount of sugar I intake now, since this whole sugar count thing started.

Holiday weekend. No plans.I may be down at the VFW tomorrow for a bit in the afternoon. Probably won't stay for the evening. I did last week, won a $.25 drink, and $25.00 for the Queen of Hearts draw. I had the winning ticket, but only picked a 7 of diamonds. but $25 is $25 bucks. Overall I only spent $10 on tickets.

Welp, since I ain't doin' nottin' else, I guess'em I should close this off.

PeacE

No comments: