Sunday, May 1

Brunching It

 I went out to the VFW last night. It had been since Monday that I was last there. There are a few people that I enjoy to catch up with on Saturdays, plus there is karaoke. When I got there, a wedding and reception were just starting. Great. That means a crowd of people. But I preservered. I made it to 9pm, when they had the Queen of Hearst draw. I won twice. I won a quarter drink, and I got to pick for the queen. I didn't get her, but got a Jack, which is $25. The pot rolls on at just under $1200 now.

While I was out, I texted my brother. A week or two ago he was PO'ed at certain people that attend the VFW in a personal matter, and was not "blessing our prescence" with his. So I asked last night if he was ever going to come up there again. It is usually the only time we see each other and catch up, though his wife is along and tries to hear everything we talk about. Anyways, he said once some issues were cleared up, maybe by mid-June. So now I'm curious what is going on, so I invited him out to breakfast this morning at Golden Corral. I got about an hour before I meet up.

This morning is the second day in a row my sugar count has been under 200, and my BP was in the target range the doc wants me to have. Maybe these meds are working. I didn't have any issue with diarhea yesterday (surprisingly) so maybe that side effect is lessening. If not, on advice from Just an Average Joe, I will bring up to my doc for a slow release med, that should help lessen the effects. Thanks Joe!

Today's more positive thought: When I turned in the rental car last week, I made sure they were aware of the crack in the windshield that happened on the freeway. Ny insurance doesn't cover glass, so I told them to hold on to my deposit, plus what fees I was getting back (nearly $400) and cover the cost of the windshield. Enterprise called me last week, and said they were crediting the full amount back to me. I explained about the windshield. The gal said it was all taken care of already, and I would credited back the full refund due me like normal. Yea! 

Guess I gotta take care of a couple things before I head out.

PeacE

No comments: