Friday, May 13

Things That Happen With Age

 Today's topic is not going to be me whining - well, at least about my body getting older and falling apart. It's more about my lunch outing with my brother and PT yesterday. I know I have mentioned several times the dementia that is slowly occuring with his advancing age. RM writes about it at times on her blog - it is something that affects those around him. Lunch was a boring affair.

To be honest, I really didn't want to go to lunch. I never know what to expect PT to talk, or ask questions about. Most times, I feel he does it just to gripe about other people. Well, we sat down and were pretty much ready to order when we got there. I had salad, brother had salad and soup, PT had spaghetti and soup. Then most of the next 45 minutes was PT asking about a show he was watching on Amazon Prime (which I had already talked to him about on Tuesday). Then topics floated around other shows, then about some things going on with my nephews. Thankfully I didn't have to talk much, and I didn't mind that at all - more time to eat. PT just does not have any experiences to talk about. He kept mentioning they were going out of town in August, which they do every year, and I reminded him we know as they do it every year. His response was but this year they were staying in an air-bnb versus a hotel. 

Whatever.

I can't say I have anything going on to talk about wither, though. After lunch I went down to the VFW for a couple hours. It was good to see some people there I had not seen in a couple weeks. Some were asking me to come down Saturday night for karaoke, but I told them I don't know. Then I went over to another bar closer to home. Met up with another friend there for a couple drinks, then picked up pizza  for the family. Guess what is for lunch? Hawaiian (for the Wife's weird smell/taste thing) or 5 meat. Not much else on the agenda.

PeacE

No comments: