Wednesday, May 4

What's Going On ....

 I'm off work the next couple days. The Wife is having eye surgery today, and of course needs a driver. Then tomorrow she will need me to drive to her post-op follow-up appointment. I told the Company yesterday that I would check back in Friday morning, but from what I see of material left to complete, the project may have ended by then. Which worksout well, as I feel I need a couple days off to rest the mental faculties. This project has been a bit harder than most.

The Wife's surgery is scheduled for this afternoon. We found out last week, that even though I am her driver, no one is allowed to wait in the waiting room. Which means I need to find myself somewhere for an hour and a half. Works out that since I am halfway to downtown, I will head over to the Property Holdings building of the Phx PD. The local precinct had said they would have sent my keys, etc down there. Hopefully it won't be an issue getting them back. That should take up some of the time. Then I will probably see if I can find a burger shop and sit/read with a drink until I pick the Wife up.

I have been anxious to get my specialty plate onto the new vehicle. I went down to the DMV satellite office not far from me this morning. Turns out I cannot change it over until I get the new car registration in the mail. Otherwise, they say I am not in the system for the new car. At least they said the two years I paid with the new plate, should transfer over easily, and I would be refunded the year I paid at the dealership. Here's to that coming true. I also stopped and ran the car through the car wash. I enjoy having that unlimited monthly deal. I take it through there at least 3-4 times a week, just because that wash is on my way to most places I travel.

No work today meant I was able, or rather, had the opportunity, to sleep in a bit later. That didn't really happen though. Still had to get the Youngest up and make sure he made it out the door for the bus. Them PT called me. Asks me if I am free Thursday afternoon around 4:30. I said I would know for sure later today, but depends on the follow-up appointment time and location for the Wife. I guess he wants to get my brother and I to meet up with him at an Olive Garden. That has my mind whirling a bit. Usually when he wants to get us together it is to share some 'big news' that he feels he needs to do on a personal level. I have no idea what he will bring up this time. He is in his mid-80's, and has some memory issues. Possibly slight dementia, just due to age. Maybe he is saying he will hang up his car keys finally (though he will probably drive there and home still). I don't know, but I am leery about the whole thing. Maybe he will just bring it up that he is concerned about my brother's and mine drinking - though, for both of us, that is not a problem of late. Neither of us get out much anymore. Who knows? With RM out of town for like three days, I'm sure he just wants to have a reason to get out of the house, and eat out.

Hmmmm, some good news.... So I haven't had issues with the backyard trots the past couple of days. Maybe the body is getting used to the medication. If it starts up again, I'll speak to the doc and get a slower release type. Doc may change it up al ltogether, as my sugar count is still above 200 regularly (even with the two days that were under). One day at a time ....

PeacE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gave him a couple gift cards and rather than he sit at home, why didn’t he ask you two out for an early dinner. No motives for discussion that I’m aware of. Just an opportunity to connect on a personal level.