Tuesday, May 10

An Early Morning

 I woke with a start this morning. At 4:22am, I was just suddenly wide awake. Didn't hear any weird noises, or the animals doing whatever. I just woke up. I laid there a few minutes, trying to figure out what exactly it was. Nope, not the early wake-up to go pee. No noises. No alarm. I just don't know. So I laid there another fifteen minutes, trying to get back to sleep, but knew it was not going to happen. I went into the office and played some Warcraft until about 6:30. I need to run the Youngest to school this morning. Seems his 'zero hour' (band) has changed the hours for the remainder of the school year to 7:30 (instead of the usual 7) and not sure if his bus will get him to school in time. Will find out tomorrow (no band on Wednesdays) and that will determine if I need to take him the rest of the time or not. When he was going earlier, the Wife was able to drop him off.

My project for work pretty much finished up for my part in it yesterday. I am taking a few days off to 'reset' my mental state before contacting them to let them know I am ready to move to another one. This last one ran much longer than expected, and the client required more of us each time it neared completion at each stage. It's business, and I usually don't mind, but it truly was mentally draining. Hopefully by next week I will be ready and something will be there.

Other than that, not much on my agenda this week. Finished up a couple book reviews I needed to do yesterday, and have no new ARCs to worry about at this moment. I do need to get out to RM's and drop off her Mother's Day present. I might do that today (no promises RM). I know I need to fuel up as well (a wonderful $50+ expense - thanks Joe Biden). Probably run the vehicle through the car wash again, too. Or, after dropping the Youngest, I may go back to bed and sleep in a bit this morning. I do feel somewhat tired.

Welp, I guess I should get on with my doing not much of anything.

PeacE

No comments: