Thursday, May 12

Not Quite the End of the World

 I saw my doctor about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I know I mentioned it on here, because it was all about the new meds, and how I have become diabetic, etc. Well, in our discussion period, I mainly recall about the meds and side effects, and I don't recall everything being said. It must be my selective hearing, and I turned it off at some point. I received a call about 2 weeks ago, from a Nutritionist, stating he was referred by the doctor to set up an appointment with me to discuss eating habits and what to avoid, etc. I pretty much blew them off. I have no interest in 'being told' what I am supposed to eat, not eat, how much, etc. I know I need to lose weight, and I am working on it. I know I need to eat healthier, and I am workign on it. Yesterday I get a call from an eye doctor. Seems my medical doc decided to refer a diabetic eye screening as well. Sigh. More shit to pay for. But this one I went ahead and set an appointment for Monday. It won't hurt to have the old eyes looked at for possible early signs of anything diabetic. I know I need to get in for an updated prescription as well soon.

My medical doc is just going 'all out' on this stuff. I should feel happy about it, I guess, that he is doing all he can think of to 'help' me get the information I need to take care of myself better. Or is ti to 'cover his ass'? I don't know, maybe that's just the pessimist in me coming out. I have been keeping a doily log since my last visit. Each morning I do a glucose meter reading, followed by my BP reading. This log helps the doc see how the meds I am on are working on a daily basis. That being said, I have a strong feeling he is going to increase the diabetic, as my sugar levels have been flip-flopping between 175-250 with no consistent reading. And those side effects? I felt were mostly gone know - until yesterday.

I went over to RM's the other day to drop off her Mother's Day present. It wasn't much, but it was a something, and she seemed to really like it. I hate buying gifts, I just feel I am not good at it. Anyways, as we visited for a bit, I menitoned how I was basically taking this week off work. Immediately PT asked about doing lunch. Sigh. I couldn't outright say no without lying, so I told him ok. Then my brohter couldn't meet at the time PT wanted, and the chain of texts....sigh. I finally just told PT to tell me what time was decided, and finally I go that text. So we are meeting around 12:30 today at Olive Garden for lunch. It will be a weird lunch. I already shared everything I had going on so nothing new to add. I just hope I am not feeling nauseous from the meds. At least I can have salad today.

Well, today's bit of good news - the Youngest gets to take the bus, and I don't have to take him 4/5 days of the week. Even though that would mean "getting up early" on days I am not working, or at least stopping work for 30 minutes to do it. OVerall, just one hassle I don't have to worry about.

PeacE

No comments: