Monday, May 23

Welp, I tried ...

 Friday late in the afternoon was my doctor appointment. As usual, I show up fifteen minutes early (habit) and sath the expected five minutes vefore begin called back. Weighed in (heavier than last month - wonder why) then sat in the room for an unexpected 20 minutes before the doc came in. Things were short and to the point. Decided to add another pill for the HBP. It shold help get it lowered to where we (meaning the doc) feels it is at a more comfortable level. We talked about the metformin - and as expected due to my glucose readings, the doc wants to double it up. That's when I asked about the extended release version. He took a couple minutes and looked it up right there in the room, and said that it was available for that level of prescription, and that he would do that when the order was placed. Then I sat there for another 25 minutes (very much unexpected) while they called in my new 'scripts, and gave me my appoiontment results. Overall I was in there over an hour - where usually I am in and out in like 25 minutes. Weird.

Saturday I went to the Walgreens near our house. I needed to drop off the bottles for new prescription refills for a couple of the pills I take, and sai dI would be back to pick them and the new ones up. Took the Wife out to breakfast at Ronnies (one of our faves) and did the bank run for the Wife. Went back to Walgreens to find out that one of the new scripts was not approved by the insurance. Of course - it is the extended release metformin-type (I forget the actual name off the top of my head). When asked the cost outside insurance....over $2000 for the 3-month suppply that was scripted. Yeah, not paying out of pocket for that. The pharmacy had tried to contact the office, but it was late day Friday (I left the doctor's around 4:05pm) so they had not gotten a response at the time. I guess I will be calling this morning to explain and see if the doc can change it back to the non-extended release, or if there is a generic or something. Other than that, I got the three other pills.

Last week I ordered a new video game. I know, I don't play them often, but this was one that I had offhand been wanting to try for years - Grand Theft Auto V. I had amassed a whopping $30 gift code for Amazon by doing online surveys this past month, and the game was $29 and change, so bought it for the PC. My PC is a few years old. Still works great for everything I need, even if I have been ddebating getting a newer one. But my DVD/CD-Writer drive is compromised somehow. When playing a DVD it will occasionally just stop, but will resume once prompted. I found out, GTZ V is a 7-disc install, and it won't get past disc one, due to reading disc failure. I figured the drive had finally seen its end. I ordered a new one this weekend, and it showed up late yesterday. Today I will be dismantling the PC, and putting int he new one, then hopefully loading up the new game.

It is a Monday, and things will somewhat return to normal. Except that the Youngest is out of school this week. I think Wednesday is his last day. I will have to have him help plan out our little family vacation this year. Maybe put him in charge of the hotel search near the amusement park - finding one fairly inexpensive, but nice, etc. That will give him something to do than sleep all day. Though I know it will probably only take him less than a day to find someplace. Sigh.

Guess I am starting to ramble, which we sure don't want to happen too much.

PeacE

No comments: