Thursday, May 5

The Best Laid Plans ....

 The eye surgery on the Wife went just fine, I am guessing. Though they were running an hour and a half later than what we were told. Which meant we had to drive home in rush hour traffic. Of course, I took the side-streets to avoid the slow freeways. Well, that and the Wife was feeling nauseous, and I wanted to be able to turn onto a side street if she needed to empty the empty stomach. No way was I letting her puke in my new car! I stopped and picked up an early dinner on the way home as well.

This afternoon is her follow-up appointment - about the same distance as the surgery, just in the opposite direction.I'm sure they will tell her she can have the eye uncovered, and will be able to start driving as early as tomorrow. The Wife has taken time off work until Monday. The appointment is late enough this afternoon, that I called PT and explained. I was not driving out past his house, then back home, and back there for dinner. He said he would think about it and call me back. No call back yet. I did reach out to my brother, who told me he couldn't go as it is his daughter's final choir concert. So it looks like no dinner with PT tonight.

Good note: I got my stuff back! It was a pretty short trip from the surgery center to the precinct to pick up my keys, etc from the accident. I only had to wait maybe 10 minutes after giving them the form I had to fill out to let them know what I was there for. Then I had a thought. When I bought the newer car, I only got one key. I am writing the manager today saying I was told I would get the second one when the customer brought it in, and so they owe me a new one (explain more later). I could maybe use the old key and just have them recode it for the newer car. No, unfortunately, the Rav4 actually has a key for the ignition, and the old key doesn't fit. So onto that letter to the manager of the dealership. I was talking to my attorney friend last night, and explained about the key(s). He said I should just have the manager make a new key for my car, since I was told I was getting a second key. If they don't, then he knows a guy 'high-up' in the chain of the company that runs many of the dealerships in the valley. He could give him a call and have him ...etc etc. We will see...

Welp, off to see if I can get the Wife to go out for lunch.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I was told the same thing with my car - 'when the customer brings it in'.. well, that never happened and it is $150 for a new key. Still have just one key for my car.