Wednesday, May 22

Getting Caught Up

 Monday was a long, long day for me. I had not slept well Sunday night, and with only three hours of sleep, was up at the crack of dawn. There were things to do, final plans to be set, all prior to the graduation set for that afternoon. Even running Youngest out to a park to 'hang out' with a friend for a couple hours. I was doing my best to work out things with Youngest, as he had a couple friends that flew in from Washington for his graduation, and I realize it would be nice to be able to visit them before they headed back on Tuesday.

A couple hours prior to what we had kind of set as the departure time, I received an email from the school stating all pre-paid parking at the event center was sold out. Paid parking? I should have thought of that, being it is held at the arena, and just the area, etc. I went back through some emails regarding graduation and see I had missed it is $10 cashless (card only) to pay for parking, and I had not seen a link to pre-pay. So plans adjusted for all driving, that we would go a bit earlier to ensure we got a parking spot (me as I was picking up PT & RM, and preferred a handicapped spot). SO I picked up the folks a little early, and we ended up with a spot that was pretty much directly in front of the doors. We only sat int he car maybe 15 minutes.

The ceremony came and went, like they all do. Parents, and associated guests are always asked to refrain from yells, and to keep applause to a minimum when announcing names, but they never listen. I missed many names do to people yelling, and I hope their families were able to hear the names of their kids being called. Luckily we heard Youngest's, and got a picture of him crossing the stage. Afterwards, it was the mandatory family pics with the grad outside. Then it was trying to figure out what Youngest's plans were, as he was spending some more time with those friends prior to the overnight event later.

Once I had gotten the parents home, I was ... I was ... beat? worn down? exhausted? tired? All the above? I ended up heading down to the VFW and had a couple beers. The Youngest's GF's mom had offered to take him to the event starting at 11pm, so I didn't have to do that, but I was the pick up person at 4am. Which I stayed up all night for, and made it on time. Dropped off the GF, got home, and pretty much crashed. I slept Tuesday until about 12:30pm, woke, saw the time, rolled back over. Did not climb out of bed until 5 or so. Had dinner, and was back in bed by 9'ish. Slept pretty good last night, too.

So I hope I am caught up on sleep. This morning I need to get up to the store to pick up one last prescription (for this month), and then run the Youngest's car through emissions. Middle Son picked up his brother this morning to ride along with him on an errand to help keep him awake. No major plans other than that.

PeacE

No comments: