Saturday, May 18

There's A Black Hole Just Over Yonder ....

Ha! If you thought this post was going to be about science, you were wrong. Thinking anatomy? Wrong again, but it is somewhat about some people being A-holes....

After the adventures on Thursday, I though the rest of the week would go smoothly, and would end just peacefully. Of course, with my family, it can never do that. 

A little over a month ago, I posted about an event that happened. I didn't say exactly what it was, but that 'Family Drama' was involved. That shit show has come back around now, and somehow pulled me into the the blackness of it. I don't want to really discuss any of it publicly, but want so much to write about it to get it off my chest. Originally, the situation did not involve me (and I am going to be sure it WON'T be involving me) but due to the actions of others, I am dragged into the mess because I'm family, and thus 'guilty by association' (falsely accused). I'm 'accused' of sharing information that should not have been shared (another false accusation).

Sigh.

I found this out Thursday night. After thinking on it the past couple of days, I'm not sure what to personally do about any of it. I am leaning more towards just waiting to see what happens, and just how much this situation will give any blow-back towards me. The whole thing just weighs heavy on my chest, because of these false allegations to my honor (sharing info that shouldn't be? Like I'm not trustworthy?) and to my character.

Sigh. Breathe in, breathe out...

There is some kind of big horse race event today called the Preakness. I think the Kentucky Derby winner (Mystik Dan) is favored to win today as well. I went and pulled up a generic website that Goggle threw up when asked, to see the list of horses running this race. The name of one sticks in my mind - Uncle Heavy (glad my nieces/nephews don't call me that) and at the time of the list, the odds were 20-1 for that horse. Mystik Dan's odds were 5-2 and most of the other horses had odds between those two. So Uncle Heavy is not favored well to win. I mention all that, because years ago when the off track betting had dog races, that was how I won quite a bit - by just looking at the names of the dogs running, and if one stood out to me, I bet on it. Or if the dog took a dump while they were 'showing them off' prior to putting them in the post. I have tried this method with horses before, and usually don't win. But today may be different. And it won't be a huge bet either...maybe $5 (that's a $100 win if it happens).

So the bar my buddy owns, is one of two on the Valley westside that has the OTB to place bets. I think I will head up there early this afternoon and see what current odds are, and maybe place that bet. I probably won't stay to watch the race (it is at like 4pm my time) as I may head over to the VFW as I do most Saturdays. The Queen of Hearts draw there is up over $15k now.

Guess we will see how things turn out this next week. I'm sure you are all so interested, that you'll be back....

PeacE

No comments: