Saturday, August 15

Well, Mark That Off the To-Do List

 It is Saturday and I am home. I actually came home yesterday, after the one night of observation as planned, I was just too tired to do much. I put my phone on do not disturb and had some naps, a little computer time, more naps, dinner, then bed. Slept good being in my own bed/pillows, and no waking up every couple of hours for BP check or whatever. Doctors said the procedure went very well, and was able to be done without any complications. The results of the procedure will take longer to see, as it has to do with the ascites build-up in the abdomen. They did drain 7L while I was under anesthesia, so am "starting dry". Two days is a bit early to tell if it is building up again as fast as before... I do have new Dr. orders to be able to get a para when I need one. 

It is just one of my characteristics that probably needs to change, but I am getting irritated at the Wife. A little. The seemingly constant question "Are you feeling ok?" or "Do you need anything?" is driving me nuts. I have restrictions - not to lift more than 10 pounds for 2-4 weeks, but no others that I know of. I'm not invalid. And I don't mind her asking, but it seems more frequent than it needs to be. Like I said, it's probably just me.

So that being said, I am going to be napping a bit this weekend, to rest up. Monday I start the cleansing procedure for a colonoscopy. I may need a good dinner this weekend. Where would I choose? Hmmmm....

No joke today...I'm too tired.

PeacE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) did they say it was ok to have the colonoscopy so close to the surgery? I would think you’d need to wait another week or two. Just my thought.
2) I’m well and T constantly asks me those questions - I had a headache … if he has asked once, it’s been five times. They do it cause they care….

Ralphd00d said...

When they schedule procedure/appts/etc. they are aware of other up coming things. I am sure it is fine, as I even brought it up, casually mentioning that I start the 'cleansing' for the colonoscopy literally 3 days after the TIPS. They said they were aware, and it shouldn't be an issue.