Sunday, August 9

I'm Tired

 Yesterday started off nicely. I woke, did my routine, felt fine to drive the 30 minutes to a VFW Post for our District meeting/training. I headed out with plenty of time. When I got there, I was getting my stuff from the car: put on my VFW Riders cut, which I haven't worn in awhile, grabbed my traveling office bag and locked up. I started to put the keys in the inner pocket on my vest, and found something: a pack of cigarettes, with three left in it. I guess I hadn't worn the cut in awhile! I had no strong craving/urge to smoke, and they would have been 'stale-tasting' I am sure. But I put it back in the pocket, so share the tale with RM and the Wife later. 

I guess I misunderstood a bit about these new trainings we are doing at District meetings. We still do our regular spilt Aux/Post meeting, then break for lunch, then start the training. I had plans and let my Aux Leader know I couldn't stay for the training part. My plans were to run by RM's, drop off her birthday present, visit a little, and head home with dinner at Olive Garden at 5pm. Well, I-10 runs within a quarter-mile of the Post, and unbeknownst to me, they closed Eastbound at like 8am (after I was at the Post). So traffic was terrible. Between the freeway detour, and the street I was one being one of the closest E-W through-streets, it was going to be a pain. In the first hour, I made it a quarter mile, but had managed to change streets to the one I wanted at least. This one ran N-S, but every mile is a through-street, and they were all backed up as everyone had the same idea to go over and catch another freeway. I decided to just stay on this street, as I believed it would go up to RM's. Of course not. But by then O was able to hop over to the 101 and head to RM's like normal. One hour, forty-five minutes it took to go about 16 miles. I could be at the Daughter's house in Tucson in that amount of time!

Well, I gave RM her present, visited for a bit, had my iced tea. I love how she always has iced available for me. I think it was about 3 when I headed home. Went to dinner at 5 with the birthday boy from yesterday (Middle Son). Youngest Son came as well. Oldest Son met us there. And of course, Doc, my grandson, was there. Reminds me I got a couple pics to send to RM, not good ones, as I hate doing pics. By the time we got home, I was almost falling sleep on my feet from being so worn-out. Between the traffic, sitting in the heat (even with a/c), and just stuff in general, I was wasted. So bad, I slept until almost 9a today. I know I needed it.

Welp, I gotta get out of here and get stuff done.

Don't be ashamed of who you are - that's your parents job.

PeacE

No comments: