I am on Day 5 of the week countdown before the colonoscopy. You know what that means ... things are about to get really busy here soon. I have been drinking the Miralax stuff the past couple of days (stool softener) and yesterday when I had my regular BM, I thought I was done, but a whole 'nother round came out of equal amount. Surely the tubes are clean! I know they are not, completely. But here I am am whining to you, and drinking this morning's cocktail. At least it is unflavored - even if two years ago I liked the lightly flavored orange (I think it was) version.
Met the new PCP yesterday. I think I like this guy. I gave them an update medication and dosage spreadsheet I have, so they could update their file. I explained Mayo is pretty much in charge right now. He agreed to step back and let them go. He took a lot of notes while asking me questions. After about 10 minutes, he looked me in the eye, says you are more informed about your situation and what is going to happen than any patient I have seen in quite awhile. How about we go 6 months and touch base then? I was like Sure! And I was done. I do go back 10/19 for the last two vaccine shots still though.
After that it was finding something for breakfast low-fiber, and soft. I opted for a couple burritos from a 'Berto Bros. - what? Chorizo, egg, potatoes, and cheese is soft! I barely ate one. I have the other to eat half of for breakfast (more like lunch) today. Have my drug screening labs to do today. Hoping for test results by end of week, to see if that Nicotine is Negative... Followed with a paracentesis next door at 9am. I think they'll drain 5-7 L today. New doc's orders to be turned in as well.
Okay, I have to do my quiet time and then leave. Y'all have a good 'un, ya hear?
PeacE
No comments:
Post a Comment