I am tired this morning. I should clarify, I am sleepy-tired this morning. I do not know if it is maybe some residual effect from anesthesia, or just the body needing more rest (or both). Either way, there is a nap somewhere on my clear schedule today, be it this morning, or afternoon. Probably afternoon, as I would like to make my AA group this morning.
I also feel pretty fat in the tummy. It's not pressure related like the ascites build-up (though I do have that going on) but I think from eating yesterday. Being allowed to eat less restricted than I was for the cleansing, I might have ate too much throughout the day. I know I do not feel hungry at all currently, and I usually have to eat something with my meds or get nausea. Not today. So I'm just sipping on a beer (c'mon, it's root beer).
More for Papaw's stash should be arriving today. The package today is spiced gumdrops. Also a devotional specifically geared towards alcoholics called simply "Twenty Fours A Day" I bought it in hardback (thrift books only had paperback). I'm hoping it fits my needs I feel I need at this time in my quiet time with God.
I finally did decide to do a Prayer journal, listing specific people and their needs, except those that if someone were to read, would be sharing with people I shouldn't. Those I'll keep in another place. This way I will remember better what I am praying for for that person. With my memory issues, that is important.
I had a message reply this morning from Mayo regarding the lab tox screen results. I instantly got angry and prepared to type out a scathing reply, then stopped. Their reply was basically "Thank you for letting us know you completed the appointment. We will review results when they become official". Generic. My name wasn't mentioned, nor any particular of my case. I think this is the first time since I started with Mayo, that I feel they have let me down. This reply felt like someone that did not read through the last part of the email chain, that the appointment was done and they were contacted LAST week to watch for results; I was letting them know the results were ready and they needed to get them to try to get my case to the review this week as this was a final issue; and though it sounds bad, I really felt this was someone that was lazy and was just throwing out generic replies to maybe a large amount of incoming messages to "be caught up" in their work. Sigh. I sighed. I did not reply anything, but I prayed for patience. This is moving at God's speed, and it will happen when he wants it to happen.
With that said, I think I am out of topic today.
PeacE
No comments:
Post a Comment