Friday, August 28

Is Your Day Going To Be Better Than Mine?

 Welcome to another Friday edition of my ramblings. I truly think that is all I am giving you today, because not much else has happened the last couple days.

This morning I have my yearly diabetic eye exam. That has gone fine the past 2-3 years, and I see no changes to that happening this year. Afterwards, I am headed further West to the City of the Sun to spend part of the day with RM. I know she was see-sawing about just taking today off work, and I don't know what she decided, but I will be out there mid-morning to visit while she works. Then it is off to Red Robin for lunch. I have been waiting all week for salad! Then we have another stop that needs to take care of something before returning back to her place. From there I will probably head towards home.

I might stop and get my haircut on the way home. I haven't decided. 

After I finish writing here, I will be writing a message to Mayo Clinic. I have not heard anything for a few days, and want to find out what is going on. I waited this long, so when I write the message, it isn't aggressive and demanding. I just want to know the status of things, because as far as I know, I met all deferments, thus should be up for case review, and make the list. Sigh.

I just finished up a small water. Now I am craving cold water to drink with no stopping. I hate when I feel that way, because nothing makes it go away, and I have to force myself NOT to drink so much water. Especially right now as I am pretty full-up on ascites that won't be drained until 9/1.

The Wife stopped last night on her way home and picked up Church's Chicken. I normally am okay with them, but am not a chicken dinner kinda guy anymore. I don't mind chicken sandwiches, but the whole leg, thigh, breast thing I could just do without. It's messy. Well, last night, getting a family order, they were 4 pieces short of the regular, and it would be 20 minutes until it was ready, so instead she got 4 pieces of their 'hot and spicy'. I had 2 pieces and Youngest Son took two. I was not impressed. Wasn't spicy. Was really greasy - more than chicken usually is. And even now still sort of sits on my stomach not sure if it should be processed or thrown up. I've been trying to stay away from greasy stuff since my bile duct, gall bladder and all that is somewhat compromised as they work with my liver. Don't need to cause extra problems.

Welp, I should get dressed, get that message off to Mayo, and then get stuff together for my eye exam and going to RM's. I make it sound like a long trip ... but when you are older, there are certain things you need to take with you everywhere you go...

PeacE

No comments: