Saturday, August 8

Racing the Clock ...

 That's a bit how I feel this morning. Woke up an hour earlier than usual (unintentionally) to start getting ready. I have a VFW District 3 training to attend today. It is all the way down in Tolleson. That sounds far, but by freeway it should only take about 30 minutes. It starts at 9am, and had it in my notes it ends about 1pm, but have seen other things that say 2pm. Either way, I am there all morning.

Yesterday was the Middle Son's 24th birthday. The Wife had the day off work (low census) and we invited him and the family to lunch at Seafood Harbor - my favorite Chinese buffet place close to home. He turned us down (the audacity!). Last night the Wife asked about inviting Middle Son again for tonight for an early dinner somewhere of his choosing. We are inviting the Oldest son and his GF as well. I'll hear updates from the Wife today about it all.

The Wife and Youngest have an appointment today with the Bank. I know we have been slow about it, and he has not pushed about it, and he doesn't have paychecks to deposit, so we never got around to setting up a bank account for him. Normally he could go anywhere, anytime to set one up, but he, like his brothers, want it linked to our account - in the way that the Wife (Not even I) can see the account, mainly in case we need to help them with some cash or something, it is easier to transfer the monies. Plus in this day and age, with everything starting to go cashless, he needs a card with money in an account. He is leaving for Cali in about a week and a half - ya never know ...

And with that, I need to get off here and do my quiet time before heading to the training.

PeacE

No comments: