Tuesday, August 11

We Interrupt This Blog Post ...

 ... to take a pause and get some other things done. I have my CT today at about 12:50pm, which being in the middle of the day, really ruins things. I'll have time for my AA meeting at least. This morning I need to work on the minutes I have been putting off. So let's pause here until after the CT.

That was a lengthy pause. After the CT yesterday, the blog had slipped my mind completely. I think it has to do with doing it in the mornings and all. Either way ... CT went fine as far as I could tell. Lasted about an hour. I have the test results, but don't understand the mumbo-jumbo - even with the 'patient friendly' version. I wasn't whisked off anywhere, and they haven't told me anything negative, so that means I am good to go for Thursday. I swear they track me! I was home barely 10 minutes from Mayo when they called and went over the time schedule for food/water for Thursday. I'm going to be hungry coming out of it, but don't know what type of food I will eat (soup or solids). I think I'm okay with regular food as long as I feel up to it.

General VFW meeting tonight, but it is a special one for me. The Youngest finally okayed joining the Auxiliary!! Mainly it is to drive me to meetings, and be able to sit in the meeting versus out in the car. Besides, it might lead him to do some volunteering. At least he will get to see a portion of what I do for my "jobs" with the Post. I'm paying for his first year, as it is not terrible ($45). I printed off the app and my Dad's DD-214 last night to turn in with it all (I joined under my brother). Youngest will probably not go with me tonight, but will have to next month just to be inducted and receive his podium book.

Posting is going to be sporadic this week since I have the procedure on Thursday. Hopefully will be back on track by Saturday.

"When someone says "Stop!" I never know if it is in the name of love, Hammer Time, or if I am to collaborate and listen.

PeacE

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hoping all goes well