Friday, August 7

End of Week Rambles

 I'm a bit scatterbrained this morning. I slept well, even if I did wake about an hour early. I started my day: measured blood pressure (114/62) Beats/Min 75 Glucose 103) then took my medications for the morning. I got comfortable (in an office chair) and started to read today's chapter in this book. It started into 'forgiveness' and how it helps us, versus solves the problem. We don't have to forget the reasons we are giving/receiving forgiveness, but to truly forgive means counting it as resolved in our minds, and we shouldn't let those hurts/grievances affect us anymore. HE even leads into the next chapter to go more in-depth, by simply asking: Who do you need to forgive?

Yeah. I just zoned out for like 20 minutes. I wonder if it is the encephalopathy messing with me today.

So I think that is going to cut this short today. I actually shared on social media yesterday. I had to shout out to myself. It's not the bad kind of pride to want your achievements mentioned. Yesterday marked 11 months sobriety. I also stopped smoking over a month ago. I have lost about 100 pounds since September. Do I want any of that back? Heck no! So I am working on keeping it, and making it more of a lifestyle than a habit. Aside from all the medical, I do feel better as a body.

With that, I am out. I sat here zoning for too long...

"Do not touch" has to be one of the scariest things to read in braille.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I am so proud of you.