Wednesday, August 5

Acceptance - The Sequel

 Tuesday in my AA Home Group a speaker usually joins us and shares their story (about 15 minutes) and either from their experiences or whatever, they pick a topic that we bounce around the group in discussion. Today's follows my previous post ... Usually it is something like 'acceptance of your faults', etc. but today it was just the word 'acceptance'.

The problem with being in a group you frequently see, you get 'tagged' from others in the group to talk. I have noticed a trend that most regulars will call only on other regulars. Personally, I try to bring in someone that is fairly new (to AA or to our group) but not like this is their first day new. Well, I don't know how my brain works, but when I wrote about acceptance, I think it was more situated around the medical/death scenario. By 11:30am, it was in a new place. I got tagged, of course.

Acceptance. For us it has a wide field of coverage throughout our lives. Acceptance of our drinking problem. Acceptance of a Higher Power. Acceptance of our faults. Acceptance in group - never been to an AA meeting I did not feel accepted. Except a couple times years ago (another story, another time). The list just goes on.

Some of it is hard to get through. Like me, I am working on issues with my acceptance of a Higher Power (God). I have accepted my drinking problem. I have accepted the wrongness of actions while I was drinking. I have accepted I may be attending meetings for the rest of my life ... needed or not. And I try to be accepting to others. Greeting people (even in zoom), thanking them for sharing (if they did). I try to never speak out in irritation because of a difference of opinion, or exclude/snub others even online.

I'm going to let that all marinate there for the rest of the day and night. Maybe I'll add more in the morning.

Welcome to the pre-morning, when the sun has yet to peek its bright self over the mountaintop, and scorch the Valley into a mild version of Hell. Yeah, I am up early. I woke around 4am and just could not go back to sleep. So did my quiet time, and now am getting the day started. I had even set an alarm for 30 minutes prior to my usual time, to allow me time to sit with God, since I have a paracentesis this morning. At least the time isn't being wasted.

Ended out yesterday with the House/Entertainment committee meetings. I have a couple days before I need to be sure the minutes are done and into our Adjutant, as there are points to bring up to the general Post meeting next Tuesday. I spoke to our Commander (who is also Treasurer for the Riders) about the voting that was to take place at National Convention, making the Riders a separate VSO (Veteran Service Organization) like the Auxiliary are. Verbally, unofficially, he said yes it passed. He had a picture of what the new unified patch will look like, too. I need to reach out to our state leadership to find out what is the next step we need to do to get all this started. State may be waiting instruction from National. I emailed out to the Riders the basic 'unofficial' information, the pic of the new patch, and listed details for a dinner the Riders are doing this month. No, RM, it is not a regular Riders Dinner. On 8/15 the Aux. had to cancel their steak fry due to members being at the MIT conference that weekend. The Riders are jumping in this one night to at least have some food available. It's just hotdogs/hamburgers with an added twist: I won't be there. I informed them all. I gave the info of who has signed up to help, who is bringing some food, a list of things we probably still need (cheese slices maybe, condiments depending on what is in the fridge at the Post). Then 2 days later is the Riders meeting, which I will need to try to attend. Hopefully I will be able. The TIPS is being done 8/13.

The Wife had meatloaf going when I got home. I haven't meatloaf in forever it seems, and this of course did not disappoint. She even added a layer of mozzarella cheese to the middle. Side of mashed potatoes...mmm, mmm good! Then she also added some of the juices from the pain on the mashed potatoes.... It was soooo good! I saw how much was leftover, and glad to see I might get two days out of it - as long as no one else touches it.

I got to nap a bit in the night, and here I am. Hope you have a great day!

PeacE

2 comments:

Joe said...

Not that you care or need my approval , but I admire the changes you have made. Keep chugging away my friend

Ralphd00d said...

Thanks Joe, I appreciate that ...