Tuesday, April 7

It's the Little Things

A good rest came for me last night. I was able to sleep through the hours with only one brief wake-up around mid-early morning.

I'm not much of a cereal for breakfast type person. I mean, when I was younger, I was totally down for it, but now, I don't know. Just not into it as much. Prefer a nice cooked breakfast, at a buffet, where I don't have to do clean up (don't we all). Anyways, while out at the store yesterday, came across a couple cereals I had to get to try. Now I have always been a fan of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes. you know, the one with Tony the Tiger on the box. I found a chocolate flavored, and a honey nut flavored of name-brand Frosted Flakes. I tried the chocolate this morning, and it is pretty good. It leaves the milk chocolatey, too!

Speaking of shopping, I found almost everything on my list, in only two stops. Rice, flour, pasta, Ramen, hot dogs, soda, bonus:cereal, some snack goodies. The only thing not located: paper towels. The 99cent store was out of paper goods completely. The large chain grocery was, too, pretty much. I didn't see TP, paper towels, or napkins (except sanitary ones). They had signs taped up everywhere around that area that when in stock they were limiting people to 1 pkg. per customer. A little too late for that I would think. Debated picking up some Canadian Club, but didn't. Now I wish I had.

Let the Middle Son do the driving while out shopping. Also used "his" car. It is the one we got from the MIL's passing, and has been sitting idle now for about three weeks since RM "sold" us her old van that The Wife now uses. He only has his permit (until summer probably) but I have been telling him to get out and at least start it and let it run for 5-10 minutes so the battery doesn't go bad. Either way we got it out for a drive yesterday.

Had a pork roast with potatoes and carrots last night. The Wife tried some new kind of hickory seasoning she had found, and it turned out very well! Not sure if I want that or the leftover goulash from a couple nights ago... or the baked chicken and stuffing from the night before. Decisions, decisions.

Today's craving, since I seem to have one most days.... macaroni salad. Joe over at Just An Average Joe (see that list to the right----->) mentioned it a day or so ago, and it has just stayed on my mind. I didn't see any at the grocery yesterday. I know I ain't gonna try to make it.

One of the things I am going to try to find today is a way for The Wife to hold her mask on at work, without using her ears. She mentions this morning that the ones the manager got (sounded like someone made for their use) the elastic for the ears is very tight and causes severe discomfort. She saw an idea using a hair piece and putting the elastics to that. I don't know how to explain it. but I said I would for other ideas she could try if this one don't work. It's all about how I give back, ya know.

Tomorrow the Youngest and I get to venture out to the orthopedic doctor. He has the follow-up on his cast for the broken wrist. I have a feeling they will be removing it (yay!) and he won't even have to worry about breaking it again in PE since school is closed. He also won't have any excuses (though he will try) as to why some of the chores aren't done.

Well, it's almost 8am, and I think I am off to "while away" the day now.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

I can let you have a couple rolls of paper towels if you need. We bought before the hoarding started and we don't go through them that fast. As for a mask for your wife.... I can make her one.... and needles of hope are crochet/knitting them. Mine won't be the best looking, but I can help.