Monday, April 6

Becoming Good Friends ... and What The Heck Is Going On Now?

It is just after 2:00am here at the d00d residence. Why the heck am I still up? I dunno. I think it is my acquaintence that has bee visiting me at night usually around 3am or so, trying to become better friends with me by showing up earlier (which I do appreciate). But the not being able to sleep is probably worse than being woke up. At least when I woke up at odd hours, I could piddle around for an hour or so, and go back to sleep. Went to bed about 12'ish and tossed/turned until 1:30 before I figured it wasn't going to happen laying in bed.

I got up and wen to the study (because it is right next to the bedroom) and figured maybe some reading through some blogs and websites would help 'tire' me out. First one I come across is the Reverend Mother's blog (hint: Reverend Mother's Musings - see the list on the right side of this page). She surprised me a bit as she had a post from earlier on Sunday. I know Life can get busy for people, and the way things are right now, I am sure many have their minds on completely different matters.... but she had posted twice in less than a week.

'This should be interesting,' I thought to myself.

For me, it was. Interesting. A little intriguing (not multi-country spy travels kind). Needless to say, it sent me on a trip. A recovery trip (no, not for alcoholics) that I don't think is going to be able to be completed. I had a couple side-stops along the way (because that always makes trips more interesting) that were nice. New 'rest areas' that may be coming to my bookmarks bar in my browser soon.... or maybe better yet ... that list of blogs I read on the right side there ------>

Tomorrow, or rather later today, I am risking Life as I know it. While the Wife and I were talking prior to bed, kind of talking about things that need to get done, etc... you know... the "you've been married for years and you know it" kind of stuff. Either way I ended up making a list of food stuff that we could use if I am able to find them. If I can find them? Yeah. From what the Wife mentioned, with all this stupid hoarding crap going on, and now the delays in delivery to stores, etc, there are a few items she has not been able to get the past couple weeks.

Here is a good one. Please leave me a comment (can be anonymous if you want) of which of these items the stores in your area (or country - whatever) is also lacking:

Flour
Pasta (any pre-made type, including Ramen noodles)
Paper towels
Rice
Milk (this one we can get, but a week or so, couldn't find any for a few days)

Those were the big ones she told me to check on since I told her I needed to go to the store (I'm on the last dregs of my under arm deodorant). I added that maybe I could check the local 99cent store as well, because I have no idea what the boys will have for lunches this week. We usually get hot dogs there for a buck a pack. That, and 3-liter sodas, snack foods, and other grocery (which The Wife said we were okay on - you know canned stuff, etc - but not the snacks 'cause the boys and me know we are out). I think I will let the Middle Son drive me up to the stores... he would like the opportunity to use that driving permit some more. Probably be getting his license early this summer... there goes my insurance rates....

Alright. Feeling a little goofy and tired, but not enough to try laying back down yet. I will move on to something else to get sleepy.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

Unless you particularly want to go to the store.... which they are saying now do NOT go to the store.... I can give you 1/2 bag of flour (told your wife the other day she could have it), I have spaghetti you can have, I can give you a couple rolls of paper towels, I have a big bag of brown rice you can have - sorry - no white rice. I actually also have a gallon of whole milk you can have. I bought it the other day intending to make ice cream - but never got around to it and probably won't now that the weekend is over. Give me a call. You can have whatever you want - I have frozen veggies too. :-)