Monday, April 27

Life Goes On

A friend of a friend passed away this weekend. I knew Gene, as we had "hung out" a few times over the years. Usually it was while out with this friend that we would meet up with others. Gene was just a handful of years older than I. He was a bit goofy... kinda reminds me a lot of a friend of mine named Don that passed away about 5-6 years ago. Goofy, but would be the first to give you "the shirt off their back" if you needed help with something, or some money, or whatever.

Gene was in pretty good shape. His job kept him active as he worked for a local alcohol distributor, and was the head of the department for servicing the stadiums and arenas in the Valley. So it was a big surprise to here about his death yesterday. Especially considering it was in a house fire. Allegedly, he was found just six feet from the front door. Details aren't out if he passed from smoke inhalation, or what, so I can only speculate why he didn't make it out the door.

My friend Jeff is a bit more upset, because he knew Gene better. I'm just being a a friend to him, as I didn't know Gene that well.... just ...can't imagine such a nice guy dying in a fire.

This afternoon the youngest Son goes in to have his arm re-casted. Then another four weeks or so before having that removed, and the pins. The Wife and I jokingly say to each other that this is the year to get all our medical issues taken care of, since the high deductible is being paid through this arm incident. For me that would be my knee and hip replacements we both think I need (or will need int he next few years).

Guess that's all I got for now...

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I'm sorry about your friend, son.