Tuesday, February 14

Another Hallmark Holiday

 It is Valentines Day. Another holiday created to line the pockets of card and candy makers around the world. The Wife and I gave up getting each other gifts specifically for the holiday many years ago. I expect this year to be the same, as I have no plans to get out of the house to go find anything.

Sunday was okay. I had a good time hanging out with friends, though did not win any monies from the square bets. The game was okay. The commercials - just didn't have the feel like they usually do. Or maybe it was me. Shrug. Whatever. I did end up calling the Wife after the game to come pick me up. I was going to Lyft home, but the usual $13.00 trip has rocketed up to $40+, and a longer wait time.

Just a short story for you today. The Wife was giving me the ride up to the pub on Sunday, and we passed one of those corner stands where they sell the pre=packaged Valentines basket thingies. Wife asked if she should turn around and go back, so I could get her a basket for Valentines Day, and I gave her the 'shocked' look and said "At those prices?!?". She simply replied, "True. I would rather have a dozen eggs."

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Now that last comment did make me laugh out loud!