Wednesday, February 15

Late to the Game

 Heard that phrase before? It just popped into my head this morning as I lay in bed, debating on if I should get up or try to roll over and go back to sleep. The Wife's (first) alarm went off about 5:45, and woke me. Which is good, in a away. That means I slept good last night with no middle of the night waking up and having to do something until I was tired again. But back to topic.

I guess it is how you use the phrase as to what it could mean. One way could be that you are slow to understand something, like a joke, or how to perform a job function. I could see it being extended to implying someone is mentally challenged. I actually thought this about myself this morning. As I contemplated the worthiness of rising from the sheets, I thought of a couple things I wanted to do today. One was get on my Spotify account and add a couple songs to my lists. I had been watching some Youtube 'shorts' and came across a couple songs that were used in the background for a few of them. Hey, sometimes you find new music you like in the weirdest places....

So, as I booted up Spotify and looked up the first one (I had written them down, because, you know, my memory). I had heard the song a few times before writing it on my list, and I see on Spotify it had a few million 'listened to' notes. I thought, well, I'm a bit late to this game (meaning to find the song and like it). I just looked up the video on Youtube (Mr. Red White and Blue) and see it was added eight years ago. Oh my, maybe I am a bit late to the game.... The second one wasn't as bad. It actually was just released in January 2023, so no lateness there. In case you are interested (Runs in the Water). 

One of the features I like in Spotify, is every Monday they release a 'Discover Weekly' list of songs based on the type of music I have 'liked'. Fridays, they do a 'New Releases' list of artists I 'follow'. It's a good way to find new music by artists I like, and ones I have never heard of. Of course, there is always the regular way (listening to the radio) but I haven't done that in ages now that I can choose what I want to  listen to while in the car. I try to go through both lists at least once a week. Then I also "share" music with ,y two younger Sons. We linked each other, and each week it updates the list of 50-100 songs that we either individually like, or just one of us likes. I skip through listening to the ones that they like. Interesting some of the things they listen to, but they probably think the same of my music, even if we do have many of the same likes/types.

So now you know how I will be spending at least an hour of my morning. No major plans the rest of the day. Raid on Warcraft tonight.

PeacE

No comments: